Sunline sx1 or Berkley nano for wacky senko spinning set up?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Sunline sx1 or Berkley nano for wacky senko spinning set up?

Post by crankmaniac » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:14 am

I need Braid for my spinning set up that i want to use exclusively to skip wacky senko in pencil weed and docks, i heard lots of good things about the new sunline sx1 and the berkley nano.I am a big fan of the sunline fx2 for my frog set up :big grin: , so i am very confident about the sx1 but i heard that this braid tend to sink a little bit :-k and i am not a big fan of sinking line to fish shallow water :sick: .Give me your opinion on these 2 braids and how fast the sx1 could sink compair to fluorocarbon and copolymere line.Thank you in advance.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Sunline sx1 or Berkley nano for wacky senko spinning set

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:57 am

Nanofil breaks off very easily as it's not abrasive resistant at all. Go sx1 out of the two.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:35 am

I dont consider nanofil to be a braid and I dont fish it the same way, as power line, but anyways. Nano is the most sensitive line Ive used #6 and I use it for wacky senkos dragging hopping a senko back much more feedback than braid or fluoro to me. Its not under-rated strength wise either, will break closer to its rating than most real braids cept for Kanzen(weak junk). My #6 gets to 9# before it snaps. Abbrasion well thats not high on most braids not the 5-6 brands Ive used nor with nano either dont know about sx1. Casting ease/distance hands down nano takes it.

crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by crankmaniac » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:38 pm

In fact casting distance are not the reason for me to buy this line because when i need distance with a wacky senko i simply use copolymere, the reason is simply to have the strenght and no stretch quality to get those fish out off these pencil weed and docks.Thanks for the reply. 8-)

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:43 am

crankmaniac wrote:In fact casting distance are not the reason for me to buy this line because when i need distance with a wacky senko i simply use copolymere, the reason is simply to have the strenght and no stretch quality to get those fish out off these pencil weed and docks.Thanks for the reply. 8-)
yeah pass on nano then cause you would want the 17# stuff and it most likely wouldnt work well on spinning reel 2500 size.

EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by EJP1234 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:58 pm

I've never used the nano, but the SX1 is some good stuff... I love it to death. I tried it this past summer and when it was on sale for the 2 for 1 a few months ago I stocked up big time.

crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by crankmaniac » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:33 am

EJP1234 wrote:I've never used the nano, but the SX1 is some good stuff... I love it to death. I tried it this past summer and when it was on sale for the 2 for 1 a few months ago I stocked up big time.
Is it a sinking braid or it is neutral boyant? :-k Does it sink too much for top water fishing? :-k Thank you in advance for the reply.

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:25 am

SX1, great line. Used it last season for topwater poppers, tubes, and wacky sick sticks. Incredible casting distance, good keep of the dark green colour(best I've seen next to FX2) and didn't fray like PP or Super8Slick over a season's use. 10lb is very thin, try the 12lb might be a hair better for your purpose. I use both 10 & 12

The SX1 floats, I used the 10lb on a Stella 1000/NRX802 exclusively for the 1/4oz PopX by Megabass and it threw the bait nearly twice as far as my dad using a skitter pop and 20lb braid. Float's real good, never broke a knot etc. Highly recommended. You need to use a special knot or burn the end with the NanoFil. For something as simple as line it takes too much screwing around to make Nano work. Spool SX1 cast out and enjoy your season. Easy knots no headaches or hiccups.

MTBF

crankmaniac
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by crankmaniac » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:07 am

MTBF wrote:SX1, great line. Used it last season for topwater poppers, tubes, and wacky sick sticks. Incredible casting distance, good keep of the dark green colour(best I've seen next to FX2) and didn't fray like PP or Super8Slick over a season's use. 10lb is very thin, try the 12lb might be a hair better for your purpose. I use both 10 & 12

The SX1 floats, I used the 10lb on a Stella 1000/NRX802 exclusively for the 1/4oz PopX by Megabass and it threw the bait nearly twice as far as my dad using a skitter pop and 20lb braid. Float's real good, never broke a knot etc. Highly recommended. You need to use a special knot or burn the end with the NanoFil. For something as simple as line it takes too much screwing around to make Nano work. Spool SX1 cast out and enjoy your season. Easy knots no headaches or hiccups.

MTBF
I will go with the sx1, i like so much fx2 for frog fishing that i think i cant go wrong with the sx1.I am happy to known that the sx1 dont sink like fluorocarbon, i hate sinking line to fish shallow water.Thanks for the reply.

bmlum
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bmlum » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:57 am

Sx1, I use it all the time and have never had a problem with it.