Sunline super fluoro

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Sunline super fluoro

Post by falcon » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:13 am

Like to hear from guys who gave this line a fair amount of use thinking of using this line for its economical price.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Sunline super fluoro

Post by toddmc » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:45 am

There are a few threads from the past that talk about this line. Scroll down or google it and the TT forums will usually come up. There is some good info. there. Page 6,7, and 9 all mention Super Fluoro.

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:25 am

Did before seen no significant info.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:55 am

falcon wrote:Did before seen no significant info.
Sorry you didn't find what you needed. From what I remember, the people that liked it didn't say exactly why, other than it is inexpensive. Lots of people have given good info on fluoro over the years on this forum, but nothing is as good as trying it out. I try to have another identical reel rigged with my favorite fluoro in the same diameter so that I get a good comparison. Sunline products have always been good to me.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:53 am

My experience with Sunline Sniper is that it is very unforgiving. It will break if kinked.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:36 am

mark poulson wrote:My experience with Sunline Sniper is that it is very unforgiving. It will break if kinked.
I've had quite the opposite experience. I pulled a 6lb LMB out of a nasty looking stump last summer. I've fished it over rocks, laydowns, stumps, and heavy grass and can't remember ever breaking it.

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:10 am

Asking about super fluoro not sniper.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:47 am

The Super is decent. A bit more stiff than the FC Sniper, and you can tell when tying a knot. Abrasion resistance is excellent tho.

HTH.

mprestonSEK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mprestonSEK » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:06 am

I did not like it. I had it in 14lb and I had issues with it snapping on hooksets.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:12 am

mprestonSEK wrote:I did not like it. I had it in 14lb and I had issues with it snapping on hooksets.
What's the point of a line that's "invisible", abrasion resistant, thin, and "strong", if you can't set the hook with it?
If mono had been "invisible" we'd still use it today.
Flouro sinks, because it is more dense, and telegraphs the tic of a pickup much better, but making it so unforgiving that you can't set the hook kind of defeats the purpose.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:35 am

mark poulson wrote:
mprestonSEK wrote:I did not like it. I had it in 14lb and I had issues with it snapping on hooksets.
What's the point of a line that's "invisible", abrasion resistant, thin, and "strong", if you can't set the hook with it?
If mono had been "invisible" we'd still use it today.
Flouro sinks, because it is more dense, and telegraphs the tic of a pickup much better, but making it so unforgiving that you can't set the hook kind of defeats the purpose.
I don't think that is a universal experience. I did not have that issue. In fact, I found it to be quite durable amongst the Erie zebra mussels. I think the stiffness and the way the knot is tied has a lot to do with line failure on the hookset.