Bass Pro xps fc

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Bass Pro xps fc

Post by hotdogin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:26 am

I really don't care for BPS products and have gotten a little "bored" with their inventory, however with the Spring Classic around the corner their XPS FC will be on sale for $10 and was wondering if it's worth the money?

What are your experiences with this line?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Bass Pro xps fc

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:38 am

good line for $10 .. bought few spools and it wasn't that bad.

now i usually wait for the annual sunline deals. hopefully they have the buy one get one free deal for sniper again.

hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hotdogin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:42 am

I would definitely rather have some Sunline. Just curious because of the sale price.

derek
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by derek » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Ive used the BPS and Sunline. Bought a bunch of BPS FC on sale last year. Its good stuff and would buy it again if i didnt have enough already.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:48 am

derek wrote:Ive used the BPS and Sunline. Bought a bunch of BPS FC on sale last year. Its good stuff and would buy it again if i didnt have enough already.
X2 It's as good as most stuff out there, doesn't break when you accidentally cast with a trapped loop rubbing on the frame like Sunline, and is priced right.
Check out the TT fluorocarbon testing, and you'll be surprised.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:20 pm

mark poulson wrote:
derek wrote:Ive used the BPS and Sunline. Bought a bunch of BPS FC on sale last year. Its good stuff and would buy it again if i didnt have enough already.
X2 It's as good as most stuff out there, doesn't break when you accidentally cast with a trapped loop rubbing on the frame like Sunline, and is priced right.
X2

cornmuse
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cornmuse » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:40 am

I use it often, typically in 10 and 12lb. I like it a lot. I've never had a problem. I use it both on my bc and as a leader on my spinning and fly rod set-ups for creek fishing smallies (and most everything else). At $10 per spool its a smokin' hot deal. I'll be restocking with 8, 10, 12 and 15 this year.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:39 am

Where did you find the Spring Classic sale info?

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by steve1206 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:14 am

USA-RET wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
X2

Exactly...Its quality stuff that has a perception less than its actual quality, due to its "private" labeling..

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:39 am

I found the BPS Spring Classic flier. Turns out it's an in-the-store, one day sale this Friday out here, and my closest BPS is 60 miles away. :shock:

wiscmike
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by wiscmike » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:04 am

Check online , I just placed an order for 4 spools priced at 10 bucks each. Can't beat this line at that price. =D>

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:50 am

I talked to the lead in BPS in Council Bluffs,IA and she said that when they were at their product training the XPS fluoro is undergoing a new chemical process. She wouldn't give me any more details than that but the old stuff is different from the new and if you like the old they have about a million in stock that were dispersed throughout the stores. Pick it up now as it will be gone forever.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Great! They get it right, and then they change it. Kinda like the Chronarch MG 50 reels. They were perfect, so they replaced them with something that cost $100 more. :evil:
I just bought a 1000 yd spool of the new fluoro, so I'll see how it works, and let you know.

hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hotdogin » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:54 am

I ended buying a spool of 14 and 10# and after a couple of fishing trips with this line I must admit that I am very impressed. So far I will gladly pay full price when the time comes. Seeing as how this is my first time using this line I'm not sure if it's from the old batch or the new batch with the new formula. Everything about it has been great so far. Any time I've had a birds nest was a result of me not using my thumbs properly. The diameter, abrasion resistance, strength, and limpness have all been excellent.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:53 pm

Does anyone know the difference between this and the KVD version?

There was a question posted on the item site, but all that was mentioned was the KVD version was level wound. Is this the same line with only the above difference?