What fluoro to use

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
johnnybassboat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

What fluoro to use

Post by johnnybassboat » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:26 am

I have a friend who has a few spools of line that he is looking to get rid of. He has about three spools of sniper, cabelas X50, and invisX. He bought these spools and after trying them has decided to go back to braid. He got them from Cabelas where he works, so he got a good price on them. He said they are all either 14 or 15 pound test, and I can have all nine spools for $100. Only one spool of each has been opened, and there is still at least 75 yards on these open spools. They have been stored in his fishing cabinet so no UV exposure, and were purchased last year in September. So what do you guys think of these lines, and is this a good deal. Seems like it to me but I dont fish these brands so am looking for some info. how about stretch ,durability, and sesitivity. Oh yeah I will be using these lines for bottom contact baits, like T-rigs and jigs. Thanks and sorry for the long post. :D

Mags00
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: What fluoro to use

Post by Mags00 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:53 pm

I love my X50, I've used the 8lb all of last season and when Cabelas had the 750yrd for $25 I jumped and grabbed it. It's stretch is about the same as other fluoros and the durability is great, i've used it anywhere from snaggy bottom rivers for Walleye, I've gotten a few Musky with it and quite a few fair sized Channel cats (for PA) on it. Also used it for Steelhead this fall in Erie with no issue. As for sensitivity it's right up there with the rest IMO, I used it on the Erie for a Perch charter and in 55 FOW I could feel the strikes without a second guess. I have a spool of 12# InvisX but haven't used it yet but I do know X50 is a Seaguar blend for Cabelas so it's probably about equal to InvisX. And I can't say anything good or bad about Sniper as I've never used it but I do know plenty of people who swear by it.

johnnybassboat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnnybassboat » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:37 pm

Thanks Mags , I know someone out there can clue me in on the other lines he has and if they are worth the money. what about stretch, will be using this for mainly bottom conact baits.

Mags00
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mags00 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:17 am

About the same stretch as other Seaguar products (That's who makes it.) It's not Tatsu that's for sure haha... But I have 0 issues with it for the price and applications I use it for which is about everything.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 am

Ive used sniper and it has lots of stretch and to me not all that sensitive. Durability and line management good though.

kegger37
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kegger37 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:40 pm

I've used the sniper and invisX. InvisX I use for reaction baits like jerkbaits and cranks because it has more stretch but great knot strength. The Sniper I have used for other applications like jigs and t-rigs or reaction baits around cover or rock, although truth be told I don't have sniper on any of my rods anymore but it was all I used for several years. Now I use tatsu on most everything or shooter on my flipping rods for heavier cover. I've never used the Cabela's so I can't comment on that.

t-Smalle
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by t-Smalle » Sun May 11, 2014 2:41 am

I love Seaguar InvizX fluorocarbon line.

metanium
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by metanium » Mon May 19, 2014 12:26 am

Invisx & Sniper are both good. I seem to prefer Sniper in lighter applications (Under 12lb) and the InvisX on heavier.