Im still unsure what line i should use for my Chronarch Ci4+

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Sharkie
Angler
Angler

Im still unsure what line i should use for my Chronarch Ci4+

Post by Sharkie » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:06 am

Help me please!

MRQturbo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Im still unsure what line i should use for my Chronarch

Post by MRQturbo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:24 pm

what type of fishing are you going to do mainly...i have 50lb fx2 that i use for frogging and pitching jigs.....also use it for spinnerbaits and paddle tail (keitech) swimbaits.....my other one has 16lb sniper which i will use for spinnerbaits, keitechs and senkos....

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:09 am

I love suffix performance braid especially around vegetation. Suffix 832 is very good stuff too.

My spinnerbait setup gets used the most (often used for frogging non lilly pad)...MGX cumulous combo 40lb braid to 12 - 20lb pline halo leader. The line on that reel is well past it's second season of very heavy use.....Just to give you an idea....I usually change out the braid on my surf setups 4 times a season and it sees a fraction of the casts...So i'm very anal about fresh line.......I'm gonna let it ride as long as it'll go....

Power pro slick on the other hand...I routinely have to cut back feet per trip.....

Don't sleep on the older stuff. The super smooth stuff doesn;t cut through grass as easy

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:21 am

I have 30lb Sufix 832 ghost on all my Ci4+. Right out of the package, this braid feels broken in and super smooth. First leader knot I tied I was amazed how limp it is, does not try to coil up/spring up on the flourocarbon leader like the green does before its broken in.

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:21 am

sunline fx2 60lb on mine for pitchin into cover

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishballer06 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 am

I run Suffix 832 on both of mine. One with 40 pound, the other with 50 pound. Primarily throwing crankbaits, spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, and topwater.