Seagar Red Label

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Seagar Red Label

Post by Frosty » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:50 am

falcon wrote:Many seem to like it, I didnt. I found it didn't last long I had break off issues and the abrasion resistance was no better than typical mono lines.
Unfortunately I had the exact experience, so did a few others I fish with. When it comes to fluoro I believe you get what you pay for. I've had good luck with Sunline Sniper, Toray, Shooter, Sugoi, and even Hi Seas was decent.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Seagar Red Label

Post by poisonokie » Sun May 01, 2016 10:23 am

I have some 10# for mag finesse type stuff on an extra fast rod and it's alright. It's invisible and holds a san Diego jam just fine. It's really stiff, though, which some say doesn't matter on a baitcaster, but I disagree. I have to keep the brakes up a little higher than I normally do with braid or good mono just because a little backlash can turn into a big problem fast with that stuff. Think I'll have to spring for either tatsu or sniper in my hunt for something more manageable.