If you would like to see a new line review comment here

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Shaft
Angler
Angler

If you would like to see a new line review comment here

Post by Shaft » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:07 am

I have been looking forward to a new line review for a long time. The last review which was the FPI showdown was 2/21/13, three years ago now. The flourocarbon showdown part two was 6/7/07. I know there are more lines and line manifacturers out there now than ever before and a line review to the detail the tackletour guys do takes a long time. I just wondered how many people out there are like me and check this site every day in hopes of a new flourocarbon showdown? I absolutely loved the previous reviews. It really didn"t surprise me with how much stretch most flouro's have. Every sales pitch you hear on flourocarbon boasts its low stretch which is mostly false. I know I purchased some Shooter after the last review and like it a lot. The greatest part of the review is one can find the the type of line with the qualities they want based off actual test results. One can't trust what manifacturers and their prostaff claims of their products. Perhaps if the we all show enough intrest, we might have a little influence on when we might see another line review again. I might be in the minority here, and a new line review is not what most people want to see. Once again, just curious to everyone's thoughts?

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: If you would like to see a new line review comment here

Post by njbasscat » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:44 am

I'd love to see an updated fluoro review.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:07 am

Fluoro x3
Just within the Sunline brand, there is a ridiculous amount of choices.

The high speed reel shootout is still my favorite Tackle tour review of all time. Would love to see more like it.

Jdmbiggie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jdmbiggie » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:01 pm

njbasscat wrote:I'd love to see an updated fluoro review.
x2

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFisher83 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Yes, agreed a FC review would be very insightful.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:06 am

Flourocarbon, mono, and braid would all be nice but if I could only pick one I would like flourocarbon tested for:

1. Knot strength
2. Abrasion resistance
3. Stretch
4. Sensitivity
5. Manageability

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:18 am

Fishing4Fun wrote:Flourocarbon, mono, and braid would all be nice but if I could only pick one I would like flourocarbon tested for:

1. Knot strength
2. Abrasion resistance
3. Stretch
4. Sensitivity
5. Manageability

Good list. I would also like to test the breaking point of a new spool and also after it's been on the reel for a couple of months to see if it weakens after it's been stretched.

ibobpeb
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ibobpeb » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:27 am

Another vote for fluoro review. I already have my favorite monos and braid. Still haven't found a flouro I love yet.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:43 am

I loved TT fluoro test last time, it's about time for an updated test. I usually do a good job picking mono & braid, but fluoro has so many more choices my mind just can't keep up.

Finesse68
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse68 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:28 pm

I'd vote for another flourocarbon show down. Really enjoyed the last article on it, very insightful.

triple_illusion
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by triple_illusion » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:38 am

I don't have a particular line I want reviewed, but perhaps you can address this issue:

Since acquiring a few JDM rods with TiSiC guides, I have noticed a very annoying scratchy feeling when retrieving line while fishing. I was always under the impression that TiSiC was the best/smoothest/most sensitive.

Keying in on the sensitivity part, I have been wondering if my current line of choice Izorline XXX is simply not up to par for TiSic guides. This has been rather disappointing to me, because for years I have fished XXX and it has never failed me. But when my gear doesn't feel right, I don't fish right.

So if you could focus on any line that feels silky smooth in combination with TiSiC guides, I would be open to any such reviews. I have heard good things on Sniper...

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Yes we are definitely overdue for another shootout. I seem to recall that a while ago TT mentioned that they were setting up a test lab with new equipment and there would be a line shootout soon. Still waiting. [-o< [-o<

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:01 pm

I've been using those as a guide for years, and done a lot of experimenting of my own.
I would like to see a list of the top performers tested, and in particular as mentioned above test them over a period of a month or two, with multiple trips to test longevity.

And like someone stated above I love the head to head reel showdowns. They are valuable information...I know I was surprised when the Chronarch, a relatively light reel, basically tied with a clunky tatula in casting small baits.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:03 am

curious if they'd be able to do one. Saying one brand is bad or worse than another may mean no more freebies

They're last one was decent.