Most manageable fluorocarbon?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Most manageable fluorocarbon?

Post by hungry_cow » Mon May 09, 2016 2:09 am

KlingerNOK wrote:I haven't used Tatsu, but Invizx is noticeably more manageable than Sniper.
Have not used Sniper but Tatsu is much smoother handling than Invizx. I haven't gone crazy trying every kind of flourocarbin but Tatsu is just several levels ahead of anything else I have tried. It is the only one that manages just about as good as mono, on a baitcaster anyways. And is very strong, thin, sensitive, and holds knots well.

Draethe84
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Draethe84 » Mon May 09, 2016 6:07 am

Thanks guys, ended up biting the bullet... can't wait till some 10lb tatsu arrives at my doorstep!

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:54 pm

There's no way I'd use sunline sniper. Its straight pull strength is fine but it kinks and snaps all the time. I have talked to many many people with the same experience. It's a terrible line. Sorry to all of you who swear it's great just because you paid $$$$ for it. Tatsu is the best fluoro if you're looking for limp and castable. Generally nylon is a better choice with the exception of certain presentations.

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Shooter FC Sniper. I have tried R18 Fluoro Limited (JDM Tatsu) but I like Shooter FC Sniper far better, much better smoother coating, and the 8-12 lb range is softer than R18.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:15 am

I'm sure that you will like the Tatsu. It handles well and ties especially good knots for a fluoro. The soft outer layer really helps with this.
I feel like I've emphasized this way too many times on the Fishing Line forum on TT, but Sniper is more sensitive in my opinion. It isn't quite as soft and knots don't cinch up as well as Tatsu, but it is cheaper. I think Sniper would be even better if they would precision wind it on the filler spool like Shooter or Seaguar products. I wish Sunline would figure this out.
The softest fluoro that I have fished is the Finesse Fluorocarbon by Sunline. It only goes up to 8lb., it is not precision wound, and it is like Tatsu in that it isn't very sensitive, but it sure handles well. My 5 and 7 years boys are currently using the 6lb. on light spinning tackle with great success.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:13 am

lifeofRiley wrote:There's no way I'd use sunline sniper. Its straight pull strength is fine but it kinks and snaps all the time. I have talked to many many people with the same experience. It's a terrible line. Sorry to all of you who swear it's great just because you paid $$$$ for it. Tatsu is the best fluoro if you're looking for limp and castable. Generally nylon is a better choice with the exception of certain presentations.
Been using Sniper for many years, never had any issues like that, period.
I can straight Gamakatsu offset hook with 10lb Sniper.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:52 am

Sniper in 16# I like very much the little stretch it has is mostly acceptable to me. Dislike the 10 & 12 because they seem to stretch too much. The management of all 3 tests not an issue and I didnt/dont even use line conditioner. 3 years of use never had any issues with breakoffs snaps or its strength (most likely user error if you do). I didnt pay $$$$ for mine -bogo offer and on sale- but even if I paid full price($20-24 for line isnt expensive) if i didnt like a product that wouldnt stop me from being critical about it (Daiwa SV105 & Shimano Stradic come to mind).

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:56 am

Don't know what the user error could be. I've been bass fishing pretty hard for 16 years and have used all the different brands and materials of lines available. I've never had problems with other types of fluorocarbon like I have with sniper. I will continue to use what I have left while fun fishing, but wouldn't risk it in a tournament.

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:53 am

wait until it goes on sale and get a 1000 yarder of 12 and a 1000 yarder of 15lb Tatsu and it cost the same as sniper with the discount and you wont run out so quickly. I do also use sniper and shooter they are both great lines also but Tatsu is PLENTY sensitive for anything your wanting to use it for. For the sensitivity you lose from using say Shooter it more than makes up for in manageability and its not THAT less sensitive than shooter. Your not gonna miss a fish because of it.

tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tditox4 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:07 am

Just ordered a 200yd spool of tatsu 20 pound. Cost me 67 dollars Canadian :doh: ](*,) , shipped. I hope it blows me away with performance plus ! [-o< [-o< :-k Am I insane or an enthusiast ...sometimes I wonder .

Montanaro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Montanaro » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Sunline reaction

RB 77
Angler
Angler

Post by RB 77 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:45 am

Out of all the ones I have used so far (about a 1/2 dozen +) my vote goes for Sunline Sniper. It really is just an all around great line.

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Invisx is plenty manageable. Especially after stretching it on a few largemouths.

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:11 pm

In terms of managability, Sunline sniper has been just ok for me in the past. Then this year I splurged and bought myself a bunch of seaguar tatsu in several lb tests and I can honestly say I'm a convert to the tatsu. Best fluoro i have fished by a large margin, definitely better handling, more durable, and more sensitive than sniper. It's worth the added cost IMO.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:06 am

It looks like Seaguar is at ICAST with a new finesse fluoro and low stretch mono to compete with Sunline Armilo. Better late than never. :lol: :lol: