Sunline Super Natural

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Sunline Super Natural

Post by johnD » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:33 pm

What's y'alls thoughts ? Is it as good or better than Big Game ?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Sunline Super Natural

Post by toddmc » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:50 pm

Super Natural is softer and a much smaller diameter than Big Game for the same test rating. I don't care for the dark green color of Super Natural. It needs to be lighter. I would fish the clear over the dark green if you are fishing the top half of the water column.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Thanks , Todd. I picked up some 20 lb clear , it's the same diameter as 15 lb big game. Gonna try it on my worm/senko rod.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:20 pm

In case you haven't seen it: Sunline Super Natural Review
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:09 pm

Cal wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:20 pm
In case you haven't seen it: Sunline Super Natural Review
Didn't know that was there.thx

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:07 am

I like it but as otherwise stated you need to go up in LB test rating. I normally throw 10 or 12lb mono (Trilene XL) and I had to go up to 14lb super natural. Good line for the money as long as you are aware of the diameter vs pound test rating compared to other lines.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:24 am

I never have used this line. I'm too stuck on original Defier. If I made the switch, would I be -
1) OK
2) Somewhat satisfied
3) Moderately disappointed
4) Monumentally pissed off

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:49 pm

In my humble opinion...

or

Now, in Super Natural defense there isn't anything 'bad' about it. But comparing it to Defier isn't fair. They're on a different level. Defier you fish until you know you shouldn't and then you swap. Super Natural you fish until you realize you have to check it constant then realize you have no choice but to swap for fits of sheer safety. String it up, fish it, no worry. But it won't last long and it's not as reliable. But it's cheap, which from cost perspective is not such a horrible thing. But you won't necessarily save money while running increased risk of potential breakoff. Again, just my opinion, but I did give it a run and my spools didn't last very long. I used both in several test at one time or another. Cost difference or no cost difference I would chose Defier.
PEACE

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:20 pm

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:49 pm
In my humble opinion...

or

Now, in Super Natural defense there isn't anything 'bad' about it. But comparing it to Defier isn't fair. They're on a different level. Defier you fish until you know you shouldn't and then you swap. Super Natural you fish until you realize you have to check it constant then realize you have no choice but to swap for fits of sheer safety. String it up, fish it, no worry. But it won't last long and it's not as reliable. But it's cheap, which from cost perspective is not such a horrible thing. But you won't necessarily save money while running increased risk of potential breakoff. Again, just my opinion, but I did give it a run and my spools didn't last very long. I used both in several test at one time or another. Cost difference or no cost difference I would chose Defier.
Yep. What he said.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:00 pm

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:49 pm
In my humble opinion...

or

I trust your opinion..... when it comes to line anyways :lol:

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:41 am

I change line often. Probably just spool up this worm rod with Sniper next. Wanted to try this out because it was cheap lol.

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:50 am

There’s much better mono and copoly available that’s priced the same or better. Defier is great line but the price is a huge negative for a mono
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:08 am

falcon wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:50 am
There’s much better mono and copoly available that’s priced the same or better. Defier is great line but the price is a huge negative for a mono
That's what I was thinking , a lot of money for mono. I'm sure it's good stuff though.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:45 pm

falcon wrote:
Subjective, though I'd like to hear which lines you're referring to.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:56 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:45 pm
falcon wrote:
Subjective, though I'd like to hear which lines you're referring to.
I'll mention two of my favorites-sufix elite and p-line cxx.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.