Strike King Tour Grade Flouro

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
bassm1n
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Strike King Tour Grade Flouro

Post by bassm1n » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:04 am

Anyone try it yet?

LMSMBassaddict
Angler
Angler

Re: Strike King Tour Grade Flouro

Post by LMSMBassaddict » Tue May 19, 2020 10:33 pm

Check reviews out in YouTube. I just saw something on how it don't hold a candle to sunline.

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 am

sunline has been the worst brand of line I've ever thrown. ties terrible knots and breaks all the time

LMSMBassaddict
Angler
Angler

Post by LMSMBassaddict » Wed May 20, 2020 5:21 pm

I'm in no way trying to offend you brother I just wanna have you experience fishing and have fun however that comes. Sunline has proven to be pretty good for me over all it's just expensive. I've never had a issue with knots so it could be possible you may have gotten packs that sucked. I've heard of people that'll get a spool that blows.

Try seagar red label that stuff is good, less expenses, and works. If it turns out to be a problem you dare getting maybe you might try switchinh up line or print it Knots.

Fluorocarbon got a bad name here but I can't argue with my experiences. It may stretch buy while mono stretches in the beginning if fluorocarbon stretches it does so at the end after the hoook cushioning the blow.

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Sun May 31, 2020 4:31 pm

I just can’t get into anything strike king

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:46 am

Jnkoepp wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 4:31 pm
I just can’t get into anything strike king
I think a lot of us have that feeling of not liking big dominant corporate companies like Strike King and Berkley, but you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't have an open mind. The fish don't know who makes the baits or line. The Strike King people put a lot of R and D into their cranks. They are cheap and effective. I started using Series 5 and 6 cranks to hone my deep crank game almost two decades ago because I couldn't afford to lose $100 worth of expensive deep diving cranks in the lake each day. Guess what? The Strike King deep diving baits often work as well as any bait out there. The same goes for their squarebills and other cranks. It's a lot easier to focus more on Japanese and custom baits when you are fishing shallow and you don't lose many hardbaits. I bet that they put some time in on their line also.
I'm a Sunline guy, but I will try any line if someone is able to articulate what it good about it, and I am looking for those characteristics. I haven't heard anything about the line yet. I bet the luddites on bassboatcentral.com are talking about it. Come on TT with a review! I can't believe you guys haven't done a review yet! ;) Just kidding. You are probably locked up trying to avoid the looting, riots, and COVID like most of us Californians. I got run off of Lake Perris by the cops at 4 p.m. on Monday because they were enforcing the curfew, and they wanted me to get home in time. ](*,) What a joke!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:04 am

toddmc wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:46 am
Come on TT with a review! I can't believe you guys haven't done a review yet! ;) Just kidding. You are probably locked up trying to avoid the looting, riots, and COVID like most of us Californians.
Protests haven't been a problem, but I've been staying indoors anyway because of Covid-19. These are strange and dark times 😢

Usually, companies we have a relationship/contact with (and Strike King is one of those companies) will give us a heads up when they have something new so we can be on the ball about beginning the review process. Strike King didn't inform us they were coming out with this line, so it simply didn't make it onto the radar for product to check out this review season. Add on top of that, our peak testing period being cut short because of Covid-19, and that just backs everything up.

So... might be a while before I get a chance to spool any Strike King Tour Grade Fluoro on my reels let alone get it into the lab for some tests. 🤷‍♂️
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:12 am

Cal wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:04 am
toddmc wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:46 am
Come on TT with a review! I can't believe you guys haven't done a review yet! ;) Just kidding. You are probably locked up trying to avoid the looting, riots, and COVID like most of us Californians.
Protests haven't been a problem, but I've been staying indoors anyway because of Covid-19. These are strange and dark times 😢

Usually, companies we have a relationship/contact with (and Strike King is one of those companies) will give us a heads up when they have something new so we can be on the ball about beginning the review process. Strike King didn't inform us they were coming out with this line, so it simply didn't make it onto the radar for product to check out this review season. Add on top of that, our peak testing period being cut short because of Covid-19, and that just backs everything up.

So... might be a while before I get a chance to spool any Strike King Tour Grade Fluoro on my reels let alone get it into the lab for some tests. 🤷‍♂️
I'm used to ducking bullets when I fish during duck season! So, no problem with the riots. But, I'm terrified of the COVID! I hope that you stay safe! I'm not really that anxious for a review!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:15 am

toddmc wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:12 am

I'm used to ducking bullets when I fish during duck season! So, no problem with the riots. But, I'm terrified of the COVID! I hope that you stay safe! I'm not really that anxious for a review!
Funny you should say that. I drove my boat right through a bunch of duck blinds years ago on the Delta not knowing or realizing until later, what they were and what I had just done! :lol:

But yeah, this is just an insane period we're all going through right now :(

Hope all of you are staying safe out there too! 👊
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Somerdink
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Somerdink » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:20 pm

From what I have read and heard Sunline is making the line for Strike King. Not 100% positive