sunline almight?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

sunline almight?

Post by Jason Penn » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:35 am

anyone tried the sunline almight yet? i have a spool on it's way, but it may be a few weeks before it gets here

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: sunline almight?

Post by Cranky » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:29 pm

Running the #0.6 on a reel and it’s been great so far. I had run the Defier D braid sinking before and I prefer the Almight. I wouldn’t say the sinking characteristic is night and day different between the two (even though I feel like I should notice it more) but the Almight has better color, casts further/better, and less fuzz development in the length of use I’ve had now.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:01 am

that's the same size i've got coming. luckily tracking is showing to be here monday

thanks

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:49 am

Are you running it on spinning gear?
Cranky wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:29 pm
Running the #0.6 on a reel and it’s been great so far. I had run the Defier D braid sinking before and I prefer the Almight. I wouldn’t say the sinking characteristic is night and day different between the two (even though I feel like I should notice it more) but the Almight has better color, casts further/better, and less fuzz development in the length of use I’ve had now.

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:00 am

Of course.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:14 pm

i got the line in monday, got it put on a reel yesterday, and got to fish today. i'm pretty pleased with it, other than i wish it was more hi-viz. i got the pink, but it's pretty dark.

it seemed to sink much better than the ygk oh dragon i tried a couple of years ago. i can't remember what size i got in the ygk, but a heavier size may sink better in it.

i was very surprised at how quiet it was for a 4+ whatever the core is. i have x9 on a couple of other reels, and the almight wasn't much louder.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:55 pm

Good to know. I've been running YGK for a couple years and it sinks dreadfully slow.

MeatHead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MeatHead » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:09 pm

Is this going to be released stateside as a replacement for the D-braid, or be a strictly JDM offering? I picked up some D-braid a couple months ago to use on my Certate/Steez "The One" combo and have been loving it. Wanted to pick some more up for a couple other spinning reels and found out it's been discontinued.
If it's not coming stateside I'll be putting an order in at Digitaka for sure.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:24 pm

Good to know...

I have some SS112 in 16 & 20 because the body and form really behaves well on a threadline...this said, to me it's not a "sinking braid", although it will eventually sink. I was told it just provides better feedback with light plastics and neds when there is a bow in the line versus a standard PE without the Esther core.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:11 pm

There are a lot of SS112 fans on TT, I never fell in love with it. I personally do not think SS112 is a sensitive braid relative to other options head to head. Between SS112, Oh Dragon, Dbraid, and Almight…. I definitely prefer fishing the Almight and I usually fish the #0.6 size.