Do You still Use Lures that You Bought, When You're a Kid?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
JDM_Guy2
Angler
Angler

Re: Do You still Use Lures that You Bought, When You're a Kid?

Post by JDM_Guy2 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:17 pm

I would.. that is if they all weren't stuck in a tree :lol:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:24 pm

JDM_Guy2 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:17 pm
I would.. that is if they all weren't stuck in a tree :lol:
Haha, yep...purty much.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:25 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:18 pm
As a kid, perhaps 10 years old, I loved to fish. Had no money, no boat, old basic tackle. I used to stare at the beautiful and expensive rapalas, which were out of my reach. The local fishing shop owner, all around nice guy, needed rudd as baitfish for ocean fishing. He offered me a rapala f my choice, if I caught him a lot of rudd, which I did. I chose the most pretty rapala in the shop, at least to me. Unfortunately, it was a deep diver with a large lip, and therefore impossible for me to use while fishing from shore.
35 years later, last year, I pulled the old rapala out and (really) used it for the first time. Caught a PR perch of 2 kg.
Love it!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."