Snaps

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
db220
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Snaps

Post by db220 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:45 pm

I like the action on the Decoy V's. They are small, strong and the V design seems to make the bait run better.

Spot King
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Snaps

Post by Spot King » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:50 am

I hate snaps on most baits. I used to use them A LOT. Casted off a few baits. One time, I caught a fish, went to unhook it; and the snap was just about to unhook from the bait. I was using Norman Speed Clips at the time. You couldn't pay me to use them ever again.

I used the Berkley Crosslock snaps for a while with swimbaits. Didn't like them. I don't like their shape and they effect the bait's action in a negative way.

The Decoy Egg Snaps are good and very strong. I used them on big swimbaits for about 2 1/2 years solid; and still do at times. I've caught BIG fish with them; multiple teen LM, DD stripers, and 22 pound catfish. I've only had one open on me once during a cast. The bait didn't come off. Only problem I ever had with them. They are strong snaps and the best I've used. STILL, I don't use them nearly as much as I used to.

Now, I either tie direct to baits; or use split rings. Overall, it's more reliable.
What my name is?