Sold on Vision 110 but have question on Hooks?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Sold on Vision 110 but have question on Hooks?

Post by NJ Jigman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:08 am

i've had many a day like you mentioned about 20-30 fish days on the 110. never had a hook break just bend because their light wire. I use a set of plyers to bend them back gently. i've never seen a sharper hook. i once had to take a friend to the hospital because he hooked a pickerel on a 110 and when the thing was next to the boat it thrashed around. the hooks came out and embedded in my bud's hand each past the barb and a hook between all 3 fingers. what a fun day that was.
about fakes, everyone should be makin fakes cause these things are Bad A$$. paint your bait.com who's on ebay makes a fake but it is labels as such he also makes a sick custom painted RC replica i'm sure their out there everyone made a RI beaver why would'nt people or tackle co's make a fake 110? :shock:

emjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by emjay » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:15 pm

I always miss the jerkbait season and never do much good when I do fish them. For walleyes I just throw rouges and for bass, the X-Rap seems to produce very well for me. I have 6 of these vision 110s and most of them have never seen water. I have hopes for next year that these visions with out perform the rouges on walleyes.

mike304
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mike304 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:30 am

emjay wrote:I always miss the jerkbait season and never do much good when I do fish them. For walleyes I just throw rouges and for bass, the X-Rap seems to produce very well for me. I have 6 of these vision 110s and most of them have never seen water. I have hopes for next year that these visions with out perform the rouges on walleyes.
If you ever want to get rid of your visions just put them up for sale on here. They seem to disappear faster than you can hit submit!!! :big grin:
Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid

BobP
Angler
Angler

Post by BobP » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:49 pm

I wouldn't get too hung up on specific hooks for a suspending jerkbait. You should check buoyancy every time you fish it because water temperature can change the buoyancy of the bait considerably. Warm summer water will usually cause a jerkbait designed for 50-60 degree water to sink because hot water is less dense.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:53 am

emjay wrote:I always miss the jerkbait season and never do much good when I do fish them..

I use my 110's all season long and even during the summer when the 110's sink they still produce no matter what. I actually have more luck during the warmer season rather than the "colder" season, around pre-spawn.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!