Difference in action of SKT MR and BDS 2-3?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
stratos20
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Difference in action of SKT MR and BDS 2-3?

Post by stratos20 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:13 am

What is the difference in the action of these baits? I have thrown the BDS 2 and 3 but not the SKT MR.
Fish on!

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Difference in action of SKT MR and BDS 2-3?

Post by Phippy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Basically talking about a wide wobble(BDS) verus a tight wobble(SKT). SKT will put out more vibration with its tight wiggle and will probably produce more bites in colder/clearer waters. Both will deflect off structure about the same. One thing I've noticed with all my SKT MR's and DR's is they don't run the depths as advertised. I've never gotten a MR to 5-6ft even with small diameter 8lb fluoro, I would say the DR will hit 6ft and MR more like 3ft. Another difference is the SKT MR & DR now come in a rattle version as well as silent, BDS2 & 3 are both silent.

On calmer days when structure is visible I reach for somthing like a BDS or RC 1.5/2.5 compared to windy days I like to burn a SKT MR/DR or Flat CB MR around cover. Hope this helps.

be85
Angler
Angler

Re: Difference in action of SKT MR and BDS 2-3?

Post by be85 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:21 pm

he hit it on the mark. the skt is more tight and the bds is more action. the skt is kinda like a flat side crank, like the old flat cb sr