Ito Vision hooks question

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
WoodT
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Ito Vision hooks question

Post by WoodT » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:59 am

Unwrapping my November gifts to me. \:D/ I am officially ready for the 2012 MN bass opener.

In May. :roll:

Had a noob question about the vision 110s that Damien megabass got me hooked on. Looks like he has the same deal as me...the BB Gill flavor has 3 katsuage trebles and ALL the hooks are barbless. Is there a particular reason for that? Seemed kind of contradictory to me on a jerkbait, and just different from the "barbed-barbless-barbed" among the few that I have and the few I have seen.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Ito Vision hooks question

Post by smalljaw » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:25 pm

I haven't purchased a 110 in awhile but if you want to replace the hooks, go check out VMC, they make the Barberian outbarb hooks that are almost the same as the katsuage hooks on the baits. If I'm not mistaken, VMC actually makes the Katsuage hooks for Megabass.
Barlow's Tackle

518bassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 518bassin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:26 pm

smalljaw wrote:I haven't purchased a 110 in awhile but if you want to replace the hooks, go check out VMC, they make the Barberian outbarb hooks that are almost the same as the katsuage hooks on the baits. If I'm not mistaken, VMC actually makes the Katsuage hooks for Megabass.
Your correct VMC does make the hook for Megabass.

Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Strewth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:02 pm

These hooks might be OK for LMB, but are next to useless for Australian tropical fish. Had a set straightened by a "baby" 40 cm Barramundi..... :shock: