Busted Vision 110

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Busted Vision 110

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:01 am

Good lookin Esox there,Duz... =D>

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:51 am

teamdaiwa5 wrote:It's amazing the way some people defend Megabass like they own the company. Luck E Strike comes out with a bait that's a copy of the 110, and they bash the hell out of it because it's an imitation. There's very few baits in the industry that weren't spawned off of taking ideas from other companies. Guess what? I've fished them over rock, wood, grass and haven't had a bill break off. I think JRaymond has a legitimate issue, and on a $26 jerk bait, they should not be designed "to not contact cover". Well who the hell fishes baits to intentionally not bump cover? I do think Megabass needs a redesign on the lip. Rapala can create a jerk bait for $8 that doesn't break. Lucky Craft has a $15 bait that doesn't break. So why does Megabass have a $26 bait that breaks?
And again, there is nothing about the Vision 110 that needs to be redesigned. You listed 3 alternatives to the Vision 110 and there are another 10 you didn't list. No one is forcing you or anybody else to purchase the bait. When the tipping point is reached when people are breaking more baits than catching fish, I'm sure the people at MB will make the necessary changes. Until that time KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY BAIT!

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Jraymond wrote:
BIG M wrote:The baits can be repaired. Send me a PM if you would like some info.
Thank you. First I want to see how megabass japan handles it.
Jraymond,

Did you email to Megabass Japan?
Did they answer you at all?

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Tue May 01, 2012 9:28 am

Cracker wrote:
Jraymond wrote:
BIG M wrote:The baits can be repaired. Send me a PM if you would like some info.
Thank you. First I want to see how megabass japan handles it.
Jraymond,

Did you email to Megabass Japan?
Did they answer you at all?
I haven't heard anything back from megabass Japan. No surprise.

Damian, should I pm you my address? :) I could really use that gg gill
Owner www.susquehannasmallmouthguides.com

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bass Junkie » Tue May 01, 2012 12:58 pm

teamdaiwa5 wrote: I think JRaymond has a legitimate issue, and on a $26 jerk bait, they should not be designed "to not contact cover". I do think Megabass needs a redesign on the lip. Rapala can create a jerk bait for $8 that doesn't break. Lucky Craft has a $15 bait that doesn't break. So why does Megabass have a $26 bait that breaks?
The Ito Vision 110 was designed as an open water jerkbait, and, at least in Japan, is worked that way. Due to seeing a market in the US, Megabass brought the bait over. No where is it stated that the bait should be used to bounce off cover. It isn't a square bill. I suggest reading the description on Megabass USA's website. When you use something for a technique it was not designed for you will run into issues......Does the bait worked when fished this way? Yes, but don't blame the manufacturer for something you see as a fault in the product if it wasn't designed to accommodate your uses. Just my personal opinion.....

Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Zman » Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Bass Junkie wrote:I suggest reading the description on Megabass USA's website. When you use something for a technique it was not designed for you will run into issues......
Sorry I've got no dog in this fight, but I figured I'd take you up on this. An excerpt, direct from the 110 page on the site, maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but it's the only part that touched on these issues:
Megabass USA.com wrote: The Vision 110 excels when the water temps are between 38 to 70 degrees. During this time (especially from November to April in most U.S. waters), the Vision 110 is an excellent choice when fishing points, flats, rocky banks, bluffs, or over underwater grass beds. However, the Vision 110 can also be deadly around boat docks in the heat of the summer. Smallmouth anglers will find no better lure that the Vision 110; in Northern waters, smallmouth bass will attack this lure from spring to fall.
Nothing in there tells me I shouldn't be casting structure. Quite the opposite really. Rocky banks in the U.S. are probably no more covered in rocks as anywhere else, and I'm guessing the rocks are no harder than anywhere else. Same with boat docks. Flats - well, they're often shallow and sometimes contain a stump or two that aren't visible even in shallow water.

I'm probably beating a dead horse at this point. But there is no warning in anything I read, only marketing statements that encourage you to fish this jerkbait, like... a jerkbait. And I'm not agreeing with either side, but I definitely don't think any steps were taken in the sales pitch to convey that these should not be fish the same as my Rattlin' Rougues, Rapala Husky Jerks and X-Raps. I personally will be more cautious when fishing my 110s for smallies in the Great Lakes. But I definitely sympathize with those who have broken theirs.

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Sat May 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Well,it would appear as though my Pike outing is going to be postponed,babysitting situation prevents it...However,I did get to go out couple of nights ago to my local walleye spot,and gave the Vision a thorough chance to prove itself.I ran it head to head against a Lucky Craft Pointer 78 SP,and used perch patterns with both lures in an attempt to keep things fair.Started off throwing the MB,and worked it hard...noticed I was getting a hell of alot of follows,alot of interest....but little in the way of bites.I caught one eye with it,but that was it.Switched to the LC,and was busting em up,along with a bunch of white bass.I even switched back to the 110 in the midst of a LC feeding frenzy,and all I got was follows...
Although I will say,that my walleye spot is full of underwater rocks and boulders,and I intentionally banged the 110 off of a few,not like I was setting a hook or anything,but simply bumping cover to possible induce strikes from followers or nearby lurkers.My lip remained intact.Not to say that I dont believe JRaymond,because I do...no good reason not to,and plenty of other folks out in the world are complaining of the same thing...but perhaps there were certain lots/batches that had problems more so than others(and that would explain why some have had horrid experiences,while others swear by them).The bait held up well,but I will further test that as soon as possible at my Pike spot.So far,so good.
That being said,I much prefer the rolling,wide wobble of the LC to the tight swim of the MB,and at least around here the fish do too.Caught somewhere in the realm of 35-40 fish,split about half and half between eyes and whites.And got some nice fillets out of the deal too. :big grin: Kept a few in the 15-17 range,nice fryers....and one 23 caught on my last cast.Wouldn't trade my Lucky Crafts for anything~

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Sat May 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Succulent,luscious walleyes.....mmmm

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Sweet report rifle. Nice fish and im glad to hear you went home with the lip still on the lure lol.

My brother and I had a similar situation a few days ago. We were on a crazy jerkbait bite. He was throwing the MB gg gill which he loves and I DID too lol. I was throwing a LC MR97. I averaged 4 fish for every 1 he caught.. We ended the day with over 70 bass.

I also picked up come of the Luck E strikes. I must say im extremely impressed for the money. They look almost 100% identical to the vision and I can not tell a difference in the action of the two.

No need to ever buy another vision. :D

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Sat May 05, 2012 8:29 pm

I assume from your posts here and there that you were beatin em up on the Susquehanna...was wondering if you caught any bass with any visible outward sores or lesions of any sort...from what I've been hearing,the fracking companies up there are trying their level best to destroy the river,and that bass have been developing possibly cancerous lesions as a result of the water contamination...seen anything like that? The reports I've heard have been stressing me out.I dont get out that way as much as I'd like to,but I do enjoy a nice kayak trip down the Susquehanna or Juniata as much as anyone.Don't know if I'd want to go on one of your jet boat rides around all those boulders at 50 mph, 8-) but I do love the rivers out that way...shame to see that garbage going on with a beautiful fishery.
And I am going to get that lip broke off of that damned 110 yet ;)

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Sat May 05, 2012 9:07 pm

CALL ME RIFLE wrote:I assume from your posts here and there that you were beatin em up on the Susquehanna...was wondering if you caught any bass with any visible outward sores or lesions of any sort...from what I've been hearing,the fracking companies up there are trying their level best to destroy the river,and that bass have been developing possibly cancerous lesions as a result of the water contamination...seen anything like that? The reports I've heard have been stressing me out.I dont get out that way as much as I'd like to,but I do enjoy a nice kayak trip down the Susquehanna or Juniata as much as anyone.Don't know if I'd want to go on one of your jet boat rides around all those boulders at 50 mph, 8-) but I do love the rivers out that way...shame to see that garbage going on with a beautiful fishery.
And I am going to get that lip broke off of that damned 110 yet ;)
Yeah we were beating them up on the susky.

Heres a link to an article that was written about some sick fish I caught last year. I dont even want to get started on the pollution problems with those rivers. Lets just say ive seen some pretty nasty sick fish.
http://lancasteronline.com/article/loca ... hanna.html

I wasnt quite going 50mph... lol Glad to hear you've experience the Susky and Juni! They are sick but still gems in certain areas 8-)