Busted Vision 110

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Busted Vision 110

Post by Jraymond » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Tokugawa wrote:Well...and I'm not saying this to be mean or oppositional...but there is a way to get what you want from folks who are Japanese and ways to guarantee an undesired response. Perhaps if you had handled things differently you may have tilted the odds in your favor, but now I do not think you will be successful in accomplishing your goal. Perhaps I am wrong. I wish you luck!
I hear you. I could have handled it differently. Before I posted the video on youtube I had already heard some results of those who took the other road and it was a dead end. This is the road I chose so it is what it is.
Owner www.susquehannasmallmouthguides.com

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:34 pm

Jraymond wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:Well...and I'm not saying this to be mean or oppositional...but there is a way to get what you want from folks who are Japanese and ways to guarantee an undesired response. Perhaps if you had handled things differently you may have tilted the odds in your favor, but now I do not think you will be successful in accomplishing your goal. Perhaps I am wrong. I wish you luck!
I hear you. I could have handled it differently. Before I posted the video on youtube I had already heard some results of those who took the other road and it was a dead end. This is the road I chose so it is what it is.
It can be a tricky thing. ;)

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:51 pm

It seems a shame that such a high dollar bait is so fragile...kinda like the finishes on most lucky crafts,for the money you spend there should be another layer of clearcoat IMO...
But,it is what it is.Another sign of the times.Hell I remember 15 years ago I could pick up any generic lightning rod at wallie world and all of the eyelets were always straight....now I have to look thru 20 versions of a 350 dollar rod at BPS to find one that is done properly.
Ah well.Pride in workmanship and craftsmanship is all but forgotten,and the dollar is near worthless.Sucks but it is what it is...

Jraymond
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jraymond » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Tokugawa wrote:
Jraymond wrote:
It can be a tricky thing. ;)
No response and seeing a difference in time would mean more then getting response to the tune of, " we are sorry but there is nothing we can do for you"

Media is powerful and they see some Americans are not happy with what they are getting at such a high price.
Owner www.susquehannasmallmouthguides.com

Bigdre585
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Bigdre585 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:06 pm

I have had a lot of big money fish caught on megabass lures! Without a problem

pacman5584
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by pacman5584 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:10 am

I myself have a big collection of megabass vision 110s both old version and new version I have well over 40 and use them all spring and all fall I love them. After saying that I am also willing to admit there is a huge problem with the newer ones made recently the bills are so brittle. I broke ten brand new lures in the same exact spot on the lure none of them were user error I don't believe. Have I fished winni and broken bills off on rocks yes that to me is user error the bills are not made to hit rock on a quick jerk. The new ones however are just awful I don't know if they changed plastic thinned the bill slightly or what but its out of control. I have contacted both tacklewarehouse and megabass Japan who says they are aware of the problem and looking into it. Tacklewarehouse admitted that they have has tons of complaints recently they knew exactly what I was talking about. Something had to of changed I have never broken a bill off of a 2000-2005 lure even up to a few years ago they broke but not this easily. Don't get me wrong the things catch fish at a ridiculous rate that's why I have so many but at 30 dollar a piece shipping included using them 1 or 2 times just doesnt cut it. Many of the people I know have started buying the rick Clunn jerkbaits instead and I have seen them catch fish all day on them. So I wouldn't pretend they are garbage considering they are the same shape size and weight as a vision 110. Does megabass owe me 10 baits or 250 dollars I wasted no but do I think I am owed an explanation of what is really going on and why this is happening so much now when I have barely had it happen in the past yes I do!

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:04 am

People catch fish and they still complain. It's those exact properties that make it irresistible to fish that make is a bit less durable (although I've been using the Vision 110 for about 10 years with a single problem, a stuck balance ball). But go ahead, let's go the route of lawsuits and "gotcha" journalism and bring something else down to the level of good ol' American mediocrity.
We have choices in life, we can choose to purchase a fish slaying for $25.00 bait and catch fish all day long or we can pay less and spend 99% of your fishing day with your thumb up your ass. I know my choice.
Last edited by Johnny A on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:40 am

Johnny A wrote:People catch fish and they still complain. It's those exact properties that make it irresistible to fish that make is a bit less durable (although I've been using the Vision 110 for about 10 years with a single problem, a stuck balance ball). But go ahead, let's go the route of lawsuits and "gotcha" journalism and bring something else down to the level of good ol' American mediocrity.
We have choices in life, we can choose to purchase a fish slaying for $25.00 bait and catch fish all day long or we can pay less and spend 99% of our fishing day with our ass. I know my choice.
I agree! I also agree about the broken bill as well but not totally! I mean we weren't there to see what exactly happened but most of the time it's user error. I mean can you really see what happened 4-6 feet down below? I can hit stumps, rocks and hell reviews say they hit docks and get a broken lip... :roll: :lol:

Most of these stories seem to happen around stumps, rocks or docks. None so far are open water.

Until I get one in open water I'll keep my judgement as to user error! Not starting any ish here but like I've said I've hit docks and drag in loads of seaweed and have no broken bills yet. Hey like Dub said, don't like them we will buy them from you. ;)

Johnny made a GREAT point too! It's not like the 110 has a hidden price point, it's there. It's your choice to get them or not.

Remember my first time taking a bite on the 110, bought 1 out of limb just because I wanted something different, and it was way before I even joined TT. My fishing buds used to make fun of me and my $25 lure...after outing the laughs became "hate" ;) Now they don't even talk about my 110's and seem to want to use them more than anythign else!......Have been buying them since then and never looked back.

Now I'm collecting because I have a feeling the 110 might go away soon. 8-[

Maybe it will be a GREAT idea for Cal/Zander to do some tests regarding the 110 and STX. As far as fishing them and lip durability. Not to mention, how they are from factory and what needs to be upgraded. From what I've read on STX's you'll need to buy a few sets of spit rings and hooks as well.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:19 am

damian_megabass wrote:
Johnny A wrote:People catch fish and they still complain. It's those exact properties that make it irresistible to fish that make is a bit less durable (although I've been using the Vision 110 for about 10 years with a single problem, a stuck balance ball). But go ahead, let's go the route of lawsuits and "gotcha" journalism and bring something else down to the level of good ol' American mediocrity.
We have choices in life, we can choose to purchase a fish slaying for $25.00 bait and catch fish all day long or we can pay less and spend 99% of your fishing day with your thumb up your ass. I know my choice.
I agree! I also agree about the broken bill as well but not totally! I mean we weren't there to see what exactly happened but most of the time it's user error. I mean can you really see what happened 4-6 feet down below? I can hit stumps, rocks and hell reviews say they hit docks and get a broken lip... :roll: :lol:

Most of these stories seem to happen around stumps, rocks or docks. None so far are open water.

Until I get one in open water I'll keep my judgement as to user error! Not starting any ish here but like I've said I've hit docks and drag in loads of seaweed and have no broken bills yet. Hey like Dub said, don't like them we will buy them from you. ;)

Johnny made a GREAT point too! It's not like the 110 has a hidden price point, it's there. It's your choice to get them or not.

Remember my first time taking a bite on the 110, bought 1 out of limb just because I wanted something different, and it was way before I even joined TT. My fishing buds used to make fun of me and my $25 lure...after outing the laughs became "hate" ;) Now they don't even talk about my 110's and seem to want to use them more than anythign else!......Have been buying them since then and never looked back.

Now I'm collecting because I have a feeling the 110 might go away soon. 8-[

Maybe it will be a GREAT idea for Cal/Zander to do some tests regarding the 110 and STX. As far as fishing them and lip durability. Not to mention, how they are from factory and what needs to be upgraded. From what I've read on STX's you'll need to buy a few sets of spit rings and hooks as well.
correction made to my original ... :big grin:

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:01 am

You guys say that essentially the price isn't hidden,you know what you are buying....but that really isnt true,as there is no disclaimer on the package saying that you should only fish the lure in open water or it will self destruct ;) ...not a big deal to me personally as I catch way more fish in my AO on lucky crafts,but nonetheless...if the lip will snap off simply from a bit of contact with structure,what real good is it?Those are the types of areas where bass tend to be...or what about the other thread that was on here from someone,where a fish snapped the ass end off of one?And then Megabass said it was due to heat?And that the baits should be stored at all times in the shade in a ventilated area?And now,make sure they dont bump into anything either! LOL,come on guys,that is ridiculous.
I'm with you 110% JRay....raise hell brother.You see,there are two reasons that quality control on everything has gone down the drain in recent times...1-Because of cost cutting measures involving corporate greed.2-Because people dont speak up about the lack of quality and just gobble up turd products without saying anything except thanks...
IMO,if more people raised hell,the companies would see the writing on the wall,and would have to make better products.Whether it be a Vision 110 or a 300 dollar rod that looks like it was assembled by a pre-schooler.I wish more people would stand up for whats right instead of taking it and just rolling over..
In the meantime I'll stick to my lucky crafts,yo-zuris,and rapalas,and I'll catch plenty of fish no doubt.If I want to buy lures that catch fish well but break something on every other cast,I'll pick up some more matzuos.At least they only run 3 or 4 bucks per,not 25 or 30....

Sonicx360
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sonicx360 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:10 am

Just make a lipless 110 dammit!!!!! :lol: :x :evil:

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:36 am

CALL ME RIFLE wrote:You guys say that essentially the price isn't hidden,you know what you are buying....but that really isnt true,as there is no disclaimer on the package saying that you should only fish the lure in open water or it will self destruct ;) ...not a big deal to me personally as I catch way more fish in my AO on lucky crafts,but nonetheless...if the lip will snap off simply from a bit of contact with structure,what real good is it?Those are the types of areas where bass tend to be...or what about the other thread that was on here from someone,where a fish snapped the ass end off of one?And then Megabass said it was due to heat?And that the baits should be stored at all times in the shade in a ventilated area?And now,make sure they dont bump into anything either! LOL,come on guys,that is ridiculous.
I'm with you 110% JRay....raise hell brother.You see,there are two reasons that quality control on everything has gone down the drain in recent times...1-Because of cost cutting measures involving corporate greed.2-Because people dont speak up about the lack of quality and just gobble up turd products without saying anything except thanks...
IMO,if more people raised hell,the companies would see the writing on the wall,and would have to make better products.Whether it be a Vision 110 or a 300 dollar rod that looks like it was assembled by a pre-schooler.I wish more people would stand up for whats right instead of taking it and just rolling over..
In the meantime I'll stick to my lucky crafts,yo-zuris,and rapalas,and I'll catch plenty of fish no doubt.If I want to buy lures that catch fish well but break something on every other cast,I'll pick up some more matzuos.At least they only run 3 or 4 bucks per,not 25 or 30....
I've heard rumors of an MB Gestapo forcing people to purchase Vision 110 lures @ gunpoint ...

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:18 am

LOL,yeah Johnny I know that no one is forcing anyone else to buy these lures..but when you purchase a lure,you have a reasonable expectation of what it should be capable of,based upon having previous experience with other lures.If you buy the el cheapos,you already know you are in for problems in some regard.If you buy mid range stuff,(lets say yozuri and rapala),you likely know what you'll be getting there as well-if you are an experienced fisherman,you have likely grown up using rapala lures...and in that process,have fished them in all kinds of conditions.I cant tell you how many rapalas I inadvertently beat off of docks,bridge pilings and the like when I was a youngster still learning my craft.And never once had more than a paint scuff as a result.Point being,you come to expect a certain level of performance and toughness from a bait at a certain price point.Now,when you triple or quapruple that price point,by damn the lure should cast for you and catch fish while you are layin back and enjoying a cold one(IMO),but at the least it should be of comparable durability to lesser lures..Damn sure shouldn't be useless from an accidental bump into driftwood,or some unseen underwater obstacle that it happens to lightly nudge upon retrieve.That is just absurd.
Perhaps I would agree with your point Johnny,if Megabass put a disclaimer on their product that stated something along the lines of,hell I dont know,how bout "these lures are pretty and they catch fish,but make sure not to actually use them in any way consistent with actual fishing because they often break from fish just looking at them"...then at least a person would be forewarned.And of course if a person continues to buy such baits after seeing how poorly they are actually constructed,hey thats on them-but if you buy these initially and have these problems,problems that other "lesser" brands do not suffer from,I certainly believe you have every right to have your money refunded because you were given an inferior product.I do not find it unreasonable to expect a lure to be able to bump into structure on retrieve and still function thereafter...nor do i find it unreasonable to expect my lure to be able to withstand heat and sunlight when laying in my tackle box without it turning into a mini explosive.If they know these flaws exist with their baits(which they admitted when JRay wrote to them),flat out they should have a disclaimer on their packaging stating as much...or they should correct the problem and replace defective baits.It is a design flaw and a quality control issue that they know exists and refuse to address.Why dont they fix it?Too much expense to do a bit of R&D and create new molds?How difficult could it really be to simply make the lip out of something like lexan instead of whatever they are using,and still be able to mimic the same action?that is a prime example of corporate greed.
In closing,no one is forced to buy these,true.if you buy them again after knowing they are crap,your problem.But if you dont know going in,and have problems that shouldnt be existent on such a lure,AND these are problems that MB knows about and hides,shame on them,and they need to make it right.And shame on far too many folks in the American public for taking the attitude that it is OK to have companies crap all over you while they take your money and deliver increasingly inferior products..

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:26 am

CALL ME RIFLE wrote:LOL,yeah Johnny I know that no one is forcing anyone else to buy these lures..but when you purchase a lure,you have a reasonable expectation of what it should be capable of,based upon having previous experience with other lures.If you buy the el cheapos,you already know you are in for problems in some regard.If you buy mid range stuff,(lets say yozuri and rapala),you likely know what you'll be getting there as well-if you are an experienced fisherman,you have likely grown up using rapala lures...and in that process,have fished them in all kinds of conditions.I cant tell you how many rapalas I inadvertently beat off of docks,bridge pilings and the like when I was a youngster still learning my craft.And never once had more than a paint scuff as a result.Point being,you come to expect a certain level of performance and toughness from a bait at a certain price point.Now,when you triple or quapruple that price point,by damn the lure should cast for you and catch fish while you are layin back and enjoying a cold one(IMO),but at the least it should be of comparable durability to lesser lures..Damn sure shouldn't be useless from an accidental bump into driftwood,or some unseen underwater obstacle that it happens to lightly nudge upon retrieve.That is just absurd.
Perhaps I would agree with your point Johnny,if Megabass put a disclaimer on their product that stated something along the lines of,hell I dont know,how bout "these lures are pretty and they catch fish,but make sure not to actually use them in any way consistent with actual fishing because they often break from fish just looking at them"...then at least a person would be forewarned.And of course if a person continues to buy such baits after seeing how poorly they are actually constructed,hey thats on them-but if you buy these initially and have these problems,problems that other "lesser" brands do not suffer from,I certainly believe you have every right to have your money refunded because you were given an inferior product.I do not find it unreasonable to expect a lure to be able to bump into structure on retrieve and still function thereafter...nor do i find it unreasonable to expect my lure to be able to withstand heat and sunlight when laying in my tackle box without it turning into a mini explosive.If they know these flaws exist with their baits(which they admitted when JRay wrote to them),flat out they should have a disclaimer on their packaging stating as much...or they should correct the problem and replace defective baits.It is a design flaw and a quality control issue that they know exists and refuse to address.Why dont they fix it?Too much expense to do a bit of R&D and create new molds?How difficult could it really be to simply make the lip out of something like lexan instead of whatever they are using,and still be able to mimic the same action?that is a prime example of corporate greed.
In closing,no one is forced to buy these,true.if you buy them again after knowing they are crap,your problem.But if you dont know going in,and have problems that shouldnt be existent on such a lure,AND these are problems that MB knows about and hides,shame on them,and they need to make it right.And shame on far too many folks in the American public for taking the attitude that it is OK to have companies crap all over you while they take your money and deliver increasingly inferior products..
I'll catch up with ya later on this ... got a few errands to run ....

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:33 am

Fair enough bud,you and me both...catch ya later man