Busted Vision 110

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Zman
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Busted Vision 110

Post by Zman » Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Bass Junkie wrote:I suggest reading the description on Megabass USA's website. When you use something for a technique it was not designed for you will run into issues......
Sorry I've got no dog in this fight, but I figured I'd take you up on this. An excerpt, direct from the 110 page on the site, maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but it's the only part that touched on these issues:
Megabass USA.com wrote: The Vision 110 excels when the water temps are between 38 to 70 degrees. During this time (especially from November to April in most U.S. waters), the Vision 110 is an excellent choice when fishing points, flats, rocky banks, bluffs, or over underwater grass beds. However, the Vision 110 can also be deadly around boat docks in the heat of the summer. Smallmouth anglers will find no better lure that the Vision 110; in Northern waters, smallmouth bass will attack this lure from spring to fall.
Nothing in there tells me I shouldn't be casting structure. Quite the opposite really. Rocky banks in the U.S. are probably no more covered in rocks as anywhere else, and I'm guessing the rocks are no harder than anywhere else. Same with boat docks. Flats - well, they're often shallow and sometimes contain a stump or two that aren't visible even in shallow water.

I'm probably beating a dead horse at this point. But there is no warning in anything I read, only marketing statements that encourage you to fish this jerkbait, like... a jerkbait. And I'm not agreeing with either side, but I definitely don't think any steps were taken in the sales pitch to convey that these should not be fish the same as my Rattlin' Rougues, Rapala Husky Jerks and X-Raps. I personally will be more cautious when fishing my 110s for smallies in the Great Lakes. But I definitely sympathize with those who have broken theirs.