Busted Vision 110

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Busted Vision 110

Post by damian_megabass » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 am

facelessnewsouth wrote:Dang, first the rod forum, and now here!?!?! Lets get off politics, cause I just got off yours...or wait...your mom's politics...no...that's not right......

Anyway, keep it clean guys, politics is dirty no matter which side your on.

Eh, watch what you say!!! [-X :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clean, pfft sorry we fight dirty...hair pulling, biting, pinching anything to win! :whistle:

I agree with you 1 billion percent! :big grin:
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:12 am

damian_megabass wrote:
facelessnewsouth wrote:Dang, first the rod forum, and now here!?!?! Lets get off politics, cause I just got off yours...or wait...your mom's politics...no...that's not right......

Eh, watch what you say!!! [-X :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clean, pfft sorry we fight dirty...hair pulling, biting, pinching anything to win! :whistle:

I agree with you 1 billion percent! :big grin:
One thing I've learned while strolling this planet for the past 50 years ... you want to get to the bottom of something, you start at the top!

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:41 pm

WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA...
(lmfao,I've owed you a good "wakka" since the catfish pic...now seemed to be the right time)

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:49 pm

I shall certainly refrain from speaking upon politics here,as I am pretty sure that was against the rules..dont want to violate...I will just say that I am very big on personal freedom and the Constitution,and I will leave it at that.I imagine we have many things we'd agree upon in that realm,Johnny.
And damien,I am not anti-Megabass at all,quite to the contrary...in fact,these are the goodies I got in the mail just today-

Matter of fact,I like the stuff they put out as well as anyone's...time and a place for everything.I just hate to see customers getting the short end of the stick,and the whole lack of pride in workmanship thing that is running rampant these days (in all facets and manners of things) is something that irks me to no end..

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:55 pm

hey, damian! if you're going to start sending all these other guys some 110's you could at least shoot one or two my way. :big grin: :big grin:

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:22 am

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me guess you broke all your bills? ;) :lol: :big grin:

Rifle: Nice! Do I spy a type X :whistle:

GL with the bill on that 110 8-[ :lol: :big grin:

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:33 am

damian_megabass wrote:^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let me guess you broke all your bills? ;) :lol: :big grin:

Rifle: Nice! Do I spy a type X :whistle:

GL with the bill on that 110 8-[ :lol: :big grin:
nope ........ didn't break a thing. just wanted you to send me some 110's. :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:32 am

Yes indeed Damien,that one there is a type X in Crack Sand color...lmao ever so slightly different in design,but boy it sure does put ya in the mind of the old Rebel Wee Frog doesn't it...kinda like they stole the design...kinda like Luck E Strike did to them with the RC Stick compared to their Vision... :shock: LOL
I have a few other Vision 110's,in Largemouth and Smallmouth colors,figured I'd add Perch to the mix.I personally haven't had any issues with mine,but then again,I rarely fish them around this area because they really are a bit big for the typical fish around these parts.Of course,just because I haven't had problems,I still don't discount what JRaymond has said about his experiences;and I still think they should stand by the ones that fail for no reason.
There is one place around here though,about an hour away,that is a fairly decent Pike fishery.I have decided to put these through a test of my own the next time I can get free time to fish,and I am going to put them through their paces there at that time.If they can stand up to a day of pike attacks,they will have earned my personal respect.We shall see,and I will be sure to let everyone know how it fares for them when I can get the time to do it.
I am thrilled to finally get my hands on the baycats tho,been having hell locating them-out of stock just about everywhere.We'll get to see how those hold up against the local walleyes here as well..I feel very confident that they will catch fish,as I flat out guarantee the 'eyes around here have never seen one.Let's hope these too can withstand the test...

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 am

Pikes I can tell you those 110's will hold up quite well, lakes here in MN are packed full of them as well as large mouths. Thus why I use thicker line when i fish 110's here, no 12i lbs test for me. Paint on the other hand, a few head swipes from those pikes and you'll be shaking your head too.

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:24 am

Oh no doubt my man,I wouldn't expect any paint to hold up well under Pike assault,I wont knock em for something like that.Hopefully this next coming weekend I'll get free time here,and get back out on the water.I am looking forward to putting em through their paces and seeing how they hold up.Lots of pike in this spot in the 18-36" range,lots of action most days..

Bass Junkie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bass Junkie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:39 am

Maybe it's because I've not yet been completely infected with TT fever, but how in the world can you make yourselves throw a $25+ bait into water infested with Pike?

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Bass Junkie wrote:Maybe it's because I've not yet been completely infected with TT fever, but how in the world can you make yourselves throw a $25+ bait into water infested with Pike?
cuz they catch fish. :big grin: :big grin:

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:11 pm

LOL,you have a point...
But yeah,I guess I care more about testing their fish catching durability than their finishes..I'll probably only sacrifice a couple to the Pike gods...and I will eat a Pike or two for my troubles,tends to make it feel more worthwhile when I get a couple good meals out of the deal. :D

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:13 am

Bass Junkie wrote:Maybe it's because I've not yet been completely infected with TT fever, but how in the world can you make yourselves throw a $25+ bait into water infested with Pike?
Just a couple reasons why I do... Havent lost one yet to toothy critters...

Not a 110, but on a megabass giant dog x anyway
Düzbomb's Custom Jigs www.facebook.com/DUZBOMBS

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:42 am

It's amazing the way some people defend Megabass like they own the company. Luck E Strike comes out with a bait that's a copy of the 110, and they bash the hell out of it because it's an imitation. There's very few baits in the industry that weren't spawned off of taking ideas from other companies. Guess what? I've fished them over rock, wood, grass and haven't had a bill break off. I think JRaymond has a legitimate issue, and on a $26 jerk bait, they should not be designed "to not contact cover". Well who the hell fishes baits to intentionally not bump cover? I do think Megabass needs a redesign on the lip. Rapala can create a jerk bait for $8 that doesn't break. Lucky Craft has a $15 bait that doesn't break. So why does Megabass have a $26 bait that breaks?