Binsky - Blade Bait! WOW!!!!

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Binsky - Blade Bait! WOW!!!!

Post by Phippy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:49 am

I can't say I prefer one technique over the other when fishing the Binksy. I've had great results casting to a point or secondary point jigging off the bottom, vertically jigging as produced but also just flat out cranking it as fast as I can for suspended smallies as done wonders. There's been times where I only have 3 rods on my deck all rigged with Binsky's the bait is that versatile.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:18 am

Phippy wrote:I can't say I prefer one technique over the other when fishing the Binksy. I've had great results casting to a point or secondary point jigging off the bottom, vertically jigging as produced but also just flat out cranking it as fast as I can for suspended smallies as done wonders. There's been times where I only have 3 rods on my deck all rigged with Binsky's the bait is that versatile.
Good insight!

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:49 am

JerryC wrote:
Phippy wrote:I can't say I prefer one technique over the other when fishing the Binksy. I've had great results casting to a point or secondary point jigging off the bottom, vertically jigging as produced but also just flat out cranking it as fast as I can for suspended smallies as done wonders. There's been times where I only have 3 rods on my deck all rigged with Binsky's the bait is that versatile.
Good insight!
With local lakes(around me) being lowered for the winter now is a great time to catch giants shallow just cranking the Binksy. You just need high sun with or without wind. I use the no.3 hole for a little more vibration/flash. Plus cranking keeps me active when air temps are below 40. :big grin:

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 am

Phippy wrote:
JerryC wrote:
Good insight!
With local lakes(around me) being lowered for the winter now is a great time to catch giants shallow just cranking the Binksy. You just need high sun with or without wind. I use the no.3 hole for a little more vibration/flash. Plus cranking keeps me active when air temps are below 40. :big grin:
#3 hole from the eyes or the tail?

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:47 pm

From the eyes, closer to the head tighter the action.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:49 am

Megabass is getting in on the action :lol:
http://www.megabass.co.jp/products/bass ... ing-x.html
Check out the video clip

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:42 am

I have been thinking about trailing a Binsky behind a clear bubble (with a stopper) 1-3 feet down to rip over trees/stumps/snags....otherwise I just can't seem to crank it fast enough to avoid hanging up shallow.

Anyone tried this yet?

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:44 am

africanbass wrote:Megabass is getting in on the action :lol:
http://www.megabass.co.jp/products/bass ... ing-x.html
Check out the video clip
BTW - those look friggin' sweeeeet! :evil22:

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Just received some new Binskys directly from there site. I would like to retract a early post about needing to upgrade the hooks. Not sure when they started but seems they are now shipping the Binsky with upgraded hooks, I think the last time I purchased a Binsky was from TW this past spring and still had the old hardware. Nice to see they made the change. Posting a pic of the new colors, they look sweeter in person.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Phippy wrote:Just received some new Binskys directly from there site. I would like to retract a early post about needing to upgrade the hooks. Not sure when they started but seems they are now shipping the Binsky with upgraded hooks, I think the last time I purchased a Binsky was from TW this past spring and still had the old hardware. Nice to see they made the change. Posting a pic of the new colors, they look sweeter in person.

Wow, nice man!

I have the same hooks on mine...seems to be very sharp and more than strong enough for the FW fishies I intend on catching with them.

EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by EJP1234 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:00 am

Throwing a blade bait is one of my favorite techniques starting in late October throw spring. Basically 55* is when the action can start to as low as it goes.

Here in the tidal rivers, 55* we pitch them around dock pilings in shallow water and just "blurp" them, if they are there they crush them. Once the water starts getting into the low 50's to high 40's we start working deeper drop offs or rock piles. We cast them out, let them sink and "blurp" them in 6"-1' hops. Let them sink back down but on stiff line. If you give them to much slack they will wrap up around the line and waste the cast. You know when you get bit, thats for sure because they hit them with furry. I mean they absolutely knock the snot out of them. Sometimes however the bite is subtle and they are just there when you lift up.

Don't buy just one. Unfortunately if you are fishing in the right spots you will loose a fair share in a day, it's an anchor with 2 treble hooks. Its the nature of the beast. I actually like the cheaper hooks, reason being, I want them to bend when they get stuck and I will just bend them back in place. I know it sounds weird but you will average being stuck about every other cast... seriously, it sucks but again if your not getting stuck your not doing it right.

I love the binsky, the vault, and the bps blade. The bps blade you need to upgrade the clip. It will bend out so easily it's depressing. The bps is cheaper, but when you factor in the clip it isn't by much. The binsky is probably the most prefered as it has a nice profile and really "blurps". I love the vault as well. It's more compact, and has super realistic finishes. It doesn't blurp, its more of a super tight hard vibration.

For setups, I use a 6'8" steez mh with a zillion 7:3:1 with 17lb flouro. Here's why.... I want fast line pickup to aid in recovering the line after the blurp... I find it pivitol to pick up that line other wise it will wrap up itseld. I want flouro because mono is to soft and wraps up easily. I want 17 or so to help pull them out of the junk it gets stuck in all the time. I don't want braid because they get stuck in the deep stuff non stop. I like the 6'8" as it isn't to short, nor to long. Think of it as a football jig with a bit more action to it.

murphy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by murphy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 am

I've tried the binsky for bass and walleye, with minimal success.
This is a very good video on how guys on the Great Lakes fish them. He covers everything including all different type of blades he use, the last one in his hand is the Binsky that Jerry C mention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLOoWcoPIK4

yogidozer1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by yogidozer1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:33 pm

I have been using Heddon Sonars for a long while, catching just about every kind of fish. i'm going to give these a try. They just look fishy ;-)

scatter
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by scatter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Blades have been huge on the Aussie fishing scene for about 5 years now. For those who like a finesse approach and ghost colours, the TT ghost blade is a very cool lure: http://www.ttlures.com.au/product.php?id=200

yogidozer1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by yogidozer1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Just order all 4 colors From Binsky's website. What great customer service, small company, real fisherman. Have to make another order for Christmas presents.