Binsky - Blade Bait! WOW!!!!

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Binsky - Blade Bait! WOW!!!!

Post by JerryC » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:41 pm

I placed a heavy order 2 weeks ago for a bunch of binsky's.. got a text from Steve today asking to fish with him tomorrow for some freshwater stripers... i've yet to catch one and its on mu bucket list.. so looks like ill be rippin the Binsky all day tomorrow!!!! \:D/

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Right on!

Make sure to give a report and post some pics.

4 Dec 12 - S.Platte overflow - 17.5" 3.5lbs+/PX Type R/15lb Ripcord Si/XMG50 LC 862/0.5oz Gold Binsky Blade

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:10 pm

What a day we had! Fished from 7am-3pmish.. We caught near 40 Hybrids all together but Steve really put the beat down catching well over 25 hybrids himself along with a few largemouth bass. It was my first ever Hybrid outing and I got spoiled. We used the 1/2 oz Binsky mainly in gold color whcih did most of the damage although i caught a few on the Silver Binsky. Once you understand how to work them in a situation, its GAME ON!

Enjoy the pictures!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 pm

JerryC wrote:What a day we had! Fished from 7am-3pmish.. We caught near 40 Hybrids all together but Steve really put the beat down catching well over 25 hybrids himself along with a few largemouth bass. It was my first ever Hybrid outing and I got spoiled. We used the 1/2 oz Binsky mainly in gold color whcih did most of the damage although i caught a few on the Silver Binsky. Once you understand how to work them in a situation, its GAME ON!

Enjoy the pictures!

Wow Jerry, looks like a blast! Hybrids/wipers and stripers are a kick on spinning gear...the sound of a searing spinning drag just lights my day up! :big grin:

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 am

When i told Steve i never caught one before or even tried for them he instantly told me he would get me some before the end of the year. Well thanks to him guiding me and the trusty Binsky, i sure got on them!! So much fun!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Your hybrids (the broken lines kinda give hybrids this distinction) look like fish that swim in moving water? Ours out here are usually chubbier/shorter as they are usually stocked lake/resevoir fish and gorge on shad and trout.

We do have wipers that run up some creeks and rivers here down south, and those fish will tend to be a little less pudgy than our lake/resevoir only wipers.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:09 am

dragon1 wrote:Your hybrids (the broken lines kinda give hybrids this distinction) look like fish that swim in moving water? Ours out here are usually chubbier/shorter as they are usually stocked lake/resevoir fish and gorge on shad and trout.

We do have wipers that run up some creeks and rivers here down south, and those fish will tend to be a little less pudgy than our lake/resevoir only wipers.
Honestly, im not expert at them at all but we were fishing a deep reservior tat has no moving water..

murphy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by murphy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am

dragon1 wrote:Your hybrids (the broken lines kinda give hybrids this distinction) look like fish that swim in moving water? Ours out here are usually chubbier/shorter as they are usually stocked lake/resevoir fish and gorge on shad and trout.
The hybrid where Jerry and I live are introduced by the state for recreation purposes. Your fish are probably fatter due to a steady diet of shad and trout, the fish here are usually chasing Alewife herring all day long. Same goes for our sm's vs the plump ones you see from the Great Lakes area.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:39 pm

murphy wrote:
The hybrid where Jerry and I live are introduced by the state for recreation purposes. Your fish are probably fatter due to a steady diet of shad and trout, the fish here are usually chasing Alewife herring all day long. Same goes for our sm's vs the plump ones you see from the Great Lakes area.
Excellent info Murphy...are there blueback herring in your area where rivers run out to sea?

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 am

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:14 am

JerryC wrote:

Honestly, im not expert at them at all but we were fishing a deep reservior tat has no moving water..
Is that Spruce Run?

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 am

Johnny A wrote:
JerryC wrote:

Is that Spruce Run?
Yes

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:58 pm

JerryC wrote:
Johnny A wrote:
JerryC wrote:

Is that Spruce Run?
Yes
I have a buddy that fishes for hybrids there. I preferred Hopatcong but it's been a long time since I've been up that way.
The first time I hooked into a wiper, about 15 years ago, I thought I hooked into the state record smallie. 2 minutes later I thought I hooked into what ATE the state record smallie.

under cover
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by under cover » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:47 pm

i take it has rattles in it? any way of making a silent version? or probably just easier to drill a lil hole & fill with glue or something?

thanks!!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:37 pm

under cover wrote:i take it has rattles in it? any way of making a silent version? or probably just easier to drill a lil hole & fill with glue or something?

thanks!!
Most blade baits do not have rattles, as is the case with the Binsky. BTW, love your avatar! :lol: