Binsky - Blade Bait! WOW!!!!

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Binsky - Blade Bait! WOW!!!!

Post by JerryC » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 am

So for awhile now i've been trying to hook up and fish with my buddy Stephen Carry, creator of the Binsky blade bait. In the past i've purchased a few but rarely have used them. The 1 time i did (Lake Champlain) i caught a nice 3lb smallie on my 2nd cast, and then lost the lure on my 3rd cast lol.. ever since then i really haven't touched the others i own. So this past sunday we finally got out to fish, he took me to one of his favorite local (to me at least) watering holes for some walleye. Let me tell you, i have VERY little confidence in any lure that i rarely use neverless a blade bait, but this thing straight up catches fish!!!! The lake we fished was deep (average around 25-30 feet). We fished the shorelines and any humps we found in the middle of the lake and we got fish after fish. This was my first walleye outing this year and besides a few Walleye we also got into a few perch as well. I only had 2 hours of sleep so after about 3 or 4 hours of fishing I was completely shot and we called it a day. I am not pitching this for Steve for taking me out, but I needed to share this info with you all.. For all of you that just doesnt have confidence in blade baits, my outing made me a believer for sure!!! Cast it, jig it, just get it in front of a fish's face and it will bite! Tight lines fellas!

http://www.fishsenselures.com

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Binsky - Blade Bait! WOW!!!!

Post by Phippy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Been fishing the Binsky since it was released, bait flat out catches fish. But the hooks are really weak and small and need to be upgraded IMO. I believe you can order custom colors but tell your friend Stephen a Sexy Shad and pearl white would be cool as stock colors. Also tell him the finish on his gold ones are not very durable as my many of mine are almost completely silver. Overall probably the best profile blade bait out there as long as you don't mind bending it back into shape time from time.

FYI, just ordered a couple in each of the new colors. Can't wait for the weekend.

muskyhunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by muskyhunter » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 pm

murphy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by murphy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:35 am

It was hard for me to find a replacement for the discontinued gold 3/4 buddies but the Binsky fit the bill. Better vibe and nothing catches them in the NE when the water dips under 45 and lower.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 am

Phippy wrote:Been fishing the Binsky since it was released, bait flat out catches fish. But the hooks are really weak and small and need to be upgraded IMO. I believe you can order custom colors but tell your friend Stephen a Sexy Shad and pearl white would be cool as stock colors. Also tell him the finish on his gold ones are not very durable as my many of mine are almost completely silver. Overall probably the best profile blade bait out there as long as you don't mind bending it back into shape time from time.

FYI, just ordered a couple in each of the new colors. Can't wait for the weekend.
I'll pass the info along! I think he has a sexy shad color now?

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58 am

murphy wrote:It was hard for me to find a replacement for the discontinued gold 3/4 buddies but the Binsky fit the bill. Better vibe and nothing catches them in the NE when the water dips under 45 and lower.
I'm pretty excited about using them in the future.. adds a whole different side to fishing for me.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:23 pm

The colder the water, the better IMO. Binsky baits, aside from the gold plating chipping (lots of mine have spotted fingernail polish on them now! :lol: ), are the best blade baits I have ever used...including Cicadas, Silver Buddies, BPS Brands, Damiki Vault.

1/2oz catches better for me than the 1/4oz...wish they would come out with a 3/4 or 1 oz as well. :big grin: [-o<

Here are some nice Binsky fish: http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=44251

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 am

according to the site, they do have a sexy shad and a 3/4 oz. size, as well.

gonna get some of the silvers for the river this winter.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:52 am

i have the blade and the vault..
nothing yet... but I keep trying it.

maybe I have the wrong set up for it.. because the dropshot spinning rod seems a bit underpowered for them both..

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 am

brokeneye wrote:according to the site, they do have a sexy shad and a 3/4 oz. size, as well.

gonna get some of the silvers for the river this winter.
Kool!
goldrod wrote:i have the blade and the vault..
nothing yet... but I keep trying it.

maybe I have the wrong set up for it.. because the dropshot spinning rod seems a bit underpowered for them both..
I would rec a heavier powered rod unless you are using 1/8 - 1/4 oz blades. I use a ML up to 1/4oz, anything like 3/8oz - 1/2oz or heavier I would use a MH or H.

murphy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by murphy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:46 am

brokeneye wrote:according to the site, they do have a sexy shad and a 3/4 oz. size, as well.
You have to buy it directly if you want the 3/4 size and the sexy shad/chart colors.

The profile is the same but the eyes on the 3/4 will be green.

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:11 pm

I was throwing the 1/4 oz with no success and actually ordered the 1/2 oz 2 days ago. How are you guys fishing them? Like a lipless crank?

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:33 pm

These baits are best in COLD water, and clear cooler/cold water.

I lift and drop/rip in deep water, and slow roll over deep flats...all in cold water. When the water hits the 60F mark, I personally don't fish them anymore. In medium depths a medium retrieve with occaisonal "rips" will draw strikes as well. Remember that you my want very minimal body vibration in deeper depths or when the fish are really lethargic...the four eyes on the back of the bait lets you choose between the tightest vibration to the widest (last eye on the towards the back of the bait).

If there is shad dying, or deep baitfish, schooling baitfish, or a dam with wind blowing against it in cooling water or cold water, these baits will produce when other type baits don't draw any interest.

Like all lures, there is a time and place for a blade bait. Another strong option that produces well in like fishing conditions is a quality tail-spinner.

ec1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ec1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 pm

I've tried the binsky for bass and walleye, with minimal success.
Other species do like them though... starts working from winter until early spring for this Canadian boy.

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:07 am

When I was fishing with Steve, he showed me how he used the binsky. We were fishing a deep resi in about 20-30 feet of water. maybe around 20 or 30 feet from land.. we would simply cast out maybe 20 feet either direction and we would wait for the binsky to hit the bottom. The resi we fished has a very unforgiving bottom with lots of tree limbs it seems, sticks and so on so we got caught up quit a few times. We would mainly jig the binsky on the bottom until we would hook up. It was fairly easy to use once you got the hang of it. It sure made me a believer!!