Lucky craft ms colors

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
MaxZmus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Lucky craft ms colors

Post by MaxZmus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:58 pm

You guys find the MS colors to be any more productive or are they just for show?

yosemite17
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Lucky craft ms colors

Post by yosemite17 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:35 pm

MS Black works day or night I just wish they made it in a deep diver of some kind.

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cst » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:37 pm

MaxZmus wrote:You guys find the MS colors to be any more productive or are they just for show?
I've seen fish caught on them but I've never been able to do it.

Mags00
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mags00 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:02 am

I think there a regional style of colors. I mean all bait fish have a flash to them at least here in SWPA, if I was to pick one of the MS colors I would probably go with the MS Pearl around here especially since the majority of bait fish seem to have a silvery blue hue to them in the one river I frequent...

Phantasy_Fishing
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Phantasy_Fishing » Wed May 29, 2013 6:59 am

It may be regional. The MS American Shad and MS MJ Herring works good up here. Bass (primarily smallies) and pike love them. Also works on walleyes. One thing I noticed is the scales actually protect the paint longer then a non-MS bait. But sooner or later, the scales and paint will chip off after so many toothy fish.

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Wed May 29, 2013 7:53 am

the pointers in american shad just seem to have "it"...there really is no need for other colors around here.

for just about everything else, it's "match the hatch" in clear or caramel apple in stained.