River2sea Bubble popper

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

River2sea Bubble popper

Post by angry john » Mon May 20, 2013 12:30 pm

I was reading the reviews, here on TT and on TW. Looks like a great product and i instantly fell in love with the trout pattern. I cannot understand why they don't have a trout pattern in the 88 size. Am i missing something or are we not throwing life size swimbaits in trout??? Did they originally make this pattern and discontinue that size? 1/4 on casting reels is just not as fun, and the 88 size would be great. I have alpha's and can do it, i just like to get them as far as possible from the boat.

Sonicx360
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: River2sea Bubble popper

Post by Sonicx360 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 pm

As an alternative, you can get the Bubble Popper size 80 in trout color pattern.
http://www.river2seausa.com/topwater/48 ... alker.html

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Wed May 22, 2013 10:57 am

well i did order the #80 in the other version because i am in the natural lure phase right now. I have not used either so i will give them both some water time. I cannot compare them directly as i did not get the same color in both. I was looking to get the poppers as they had such a good review here on TT and i know those guys put product thru the wringer. Have you used either or both, to give a comparison?

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Fri May 24, 2013 11:45 am

Little time on the water with the two baits and i have to say so far i am happier with the walker. Thanks for the heads up. The popper sits in the water head up and the walker sits flat. I could walk the dog nice with the walker, but not any action to speak of with the popper. Guess it says that in the description, new to topwater so maybe this will help someone else. The baits are packed in there own case, which is cool, and the detail and paint is superb. I definately believe they look the part, now i just need some fish on to confirm they work good to. There was lots of wind and chop today so a lot further trials are in order.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:57 pm

How does it compare to the MB for 1/3 the cost?

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Sat May 25, 2013 4:15 am

MB is to rich for me! I read the review on TT and ordered some to try, I like them so far, fit finish, and color. I have only been out once and will give them another go on monday, if there are not 3' wind waves on the lakes due to the passing storm. I like the action of the walker better right now, but i was testing in the worst conditions so thats not a fair test.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Wed May 29, 2013 1:43 pm

These have been working great for the last year or more for me and some others..
Have the flow through gills and a deeper knock to them. 8-)

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:20 am

Kool.

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Spent some time with the bubble walker now and i have to say i like it a lot. Took 6 fish in 30 min last night, and it was kicking but and taking names. It walks great, the rattles were doing the job, and it has great sound when walking. I think i may swap out the hooks and try one size larger. My biggest suprise of the night was the 1.25lb slab crappie that tried to murder this lure. This lure also took big fish of the night at 3.45lbs. The bass here are not huge 6-8lb max. The finish is holding up well, and the trout pattern is very nice. I am thinking about picking up the arura blue as well.