Yo-Zuri - Yay or Nay??

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Yo-Zuri - Yay or Nay??

Post by dragon1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:40 am

goldrod wrote:sashimi jerkbait is a beast.
dont sleep on that thing.. you will definitely be missing out.
its light weight is deceptive. I use the one that is gold and sliver
depending on which way your looking at it.. its best all around jb
i've ever used.
Wow, good to know. :-k

Heronimo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Heronimo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:08 am

any of the pin's minnows are killers for trout and smallies in the rivers. I use the suspending edge minnow in NJ as a shallow 1' suspender on shallow and weedy lakes- bass and pickerel love it. The sashimi is awesome in clear water for bass and the occasional pickerel.

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:27 am

Tokugawa wrote:
primus wrote:
greenpumpkin wrote:I really like the rattlin vibe lipless crank.
x2
x3 Nice baits. The Pins Minnow is nice too.
x4. Rattl'n Vibes are legit. Still got a few of the 2.25" 3/8 oz ones. If I knew that they were gonna go out of production so soon, I would've definitely picked up more when they were still around.

DE_Bass_Enthusiast
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DE_Bass_Enthusiast » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:44 am

I love the old 5/8oz rattlin' vibes! I have a half dozen of them or so and they have always produced fish for me. My fav colors are the baby bass and chrome blue (with orange bottom).

If I'm messing around finesse fishing I love the 1/16 oz and 1/8oz pins minnows, as well as the snap beans. I've caught everything on them and multi-species days are always fun :big grin:

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:12 am

Yay

Yozuri makes quality baits their lipless and micro cranks from the Bass Arms series are :-$ .

stevenhatchy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by stevenhatchy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:19 am

I have to agree on the earlier mention of the banana boat. My second biggest bass (9lb. 7oz.) was caught on a clown colored banana boat. I have caught a bunch of good fish on that lure and it also slays speckled trout in the Gulf. I bought all I could find a few years ago and still have most of them left.

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Some of the new Yo-Zuri baits look pretty nice.

ctgalloway21
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ctgalloway21 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:23 am

I use the Sashimi poppers, Rattlin vibe traps, and the crystal 3d shrimp.

tomustang
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tomustang » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:04 am

I use the pins minnows, they work fine

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:45 pm

I located and picked up a NIP Yozuri ARMS Pop'n Splash over the weekend...neat little lure.

Color pattern reminds me of some Lucky Craft 100s and OG Team Daiwas I have and some design cues reminiscent of the Fenwick Method lures from the 1990s.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:23 pm

I wasn't a Yo-zuri fan, but I found two baits that were pretty good. 1. 3DB Popper. 2. Rattlin Vibe One Knocker. For the popper, I hadn't found anything better than Evergreen One's Bug for many years. I tried the 3DB Popper last year, and it worked well. I don't say better than the One's Bug, but depending on the situation, it worked better. It doesn't spit as much as the One's Bug, and sometimes, that works better.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:42 pm

The Yo-Zuri ARMS are some of the best useful lures I've used. For the price, Yo-Zuri probably offers the most performance and quality.

This being an old thread, we've probably lost over 70 percent of posts from it. Either from site crash or lost from update.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:23 am

Fantastic lures! Sharp hooks, but the hooks are also thin wire, so bend easily. The hardcore shad has a cult following for good reason, as does the pin's minnow.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:05 pm

Speaking of thin wire hooks, they are good, when you're expecting the biggest fish would be less than 5 or 6lbs. They're normally easier to hook with thinner hooks. If you expect bigger fish, just put harder hooks. I learned that when I used to fish in Mexico (I've fished there 16 or 17 times, usually 1 week each time.) The first time I went there, I used stock hooks (not talking about just Yo-zuri), and missed many fish. I also used 16 to 20lbs lines, and the line broke left and right, when I hooked 9~11 pounders. Even a few snaps and split rings broke. After a couple of trips, I figured out I needed to use 2x or 3x strong hooks, better snaps and split rings. I also found a couple of lines, which don't break easily (one copolymer and one braided). After I figured them out, I used the same hooks, snaps, split rings and lines for the rest of my trips (14 or 15 times).

That said, I don't use the same snaps, split rings and hooks locally, here in Northern California. The biggest fish I catch every once in a while is no bigger than 8lbs, so I normally use thin (stock, if sharp enough) hooks and thinner lines (cast better). So, it all depends on the size of the fish you're after. The thinner hooks bend, even with a 4 pounder, and I just bend them back. Here in California, it's not a big deal. Sometimes, I catch 7 or 8 pounders, and hooks bend a little, but it's not like catching hundreds of 4 to 8lbs bass in a few days in Mexico. After catching enough decent fish, the hooks wear out. I did wear out a 2x Strong Gamakatsu treble hook one a few times in Mexico. They just broke. If I was smart enough, I replaced them, before they break, but you know how it goes.