Lucky Craft Spazz

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Lucky Craft Spazz

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Has anyone thrown the Spazz 95? I was wondering how erratic it is in comparison to the Flash Minnow 95.I throw the Flash Minnow a lot in the salt but the Spazz comes in the color I need. They seem like the same lure for the most part. Do they cast pretty much the same?The F.M. really flies out there so I hope the Spazz does the same.Really need to order some but was looking for some input first before I order several. Thanks

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lucky Craft Spazz

Post by cst » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:50 pm

I think the Spazz baits are exactly the same as the Flash Minnow TR. Only difference being the colors are for bass and not trout.

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:29 am

Benn interested in the Flash minnow myself I use spazz minnows all the time. They are awesome baits !!!! I prefer them over pointers because of the extra casting distance I get, and I think with braid I can get Spazz'zz to really dance !!!

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:45 am

Finally bought a few Spazz 95, they are awesome.Dive to the same depth as the Flash Minnow but is not the same lure at all.The lip is thinner and more squared off on the edges.I think this is why it darts so erratic.With braid I can make it turn a 180 and dart towards the surface every 2 or 3 twitches and the trout love to eat it head first when you do this.It also worked well over grass at Seminole last weekend. It is a little lighter weight than the F.M. but still casts like a bullet.Put the new Owner Zo-wire trebles on them-super sharp,some of the sharpest Ive used and should never bend, and they work great, suspends perfect in 84 degree water.Just need to find some good clear coat to use on them,the finish sure takes a beating.Anyone know of anything good?

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:09 am

Noticed my Spazz lures don't really have any wobble to them on a straight retrieve. Similar to a Sierra minnow from Jackall but darts around better. Anyone else notice this? Or are my lures not working right. Still dart around great but didn't notice this at first.