Favorite handmade cranks

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
socal cranker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Favorite handmade cranks

Post by socal cranker » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:41 am

stalking coyote wrote:"Dinky Donker" by Tim Earrick. Custom color.

Love that color scheme...one of my favorites. Dont have any Donkers in it though. Nice work!

stalking coyote
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by stalking coyote » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:46 pm

Sonny McFarland .. PT Classic .. Neon Shad color.

Bassfan22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassfan22 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:02 am

Ed Chambers Wec zoom baits. My favorite E1 in bull bream color.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:42 am

This is a great topic, some SICK crankbaits for sure. I would throw everyone I've seen on here so far. Very nice. =D>

I tend to throw these cranks on local rivers and swamps with lots of cypress trees and close quarters. For that reason I use a lot of the Ed Chambers Zoom cranks. More widely available here and have some great actions. I use the Wobbler the most followed by the E1. The Wobbler runs to 6' and hunts and deflects great. The E1 deflects through timber as good as it gets for me never getting hung up and they all get bit.
Wobbler

E1

Wobbler,E1,E2

socal cranker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by socal cranker » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:36 am

JB nice baits and it that my favorite snap I see? Decoy Egg Snap - look no further

I also enjoy throwing a WEC Wobbler

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:57 am

socal cranker wrote:JB nice baits and it that my favorite snap I see? Decoy Egg Snap - look no further

Thanks and yeah, love those Decoy snaps! Those are some nice color Wobblers to, they get bit good. I have some that are pretty beat up. That sexy shad is brand new, hoping to use it this week. Used the E1 spring through fall and its still lookin good.

socal cranker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by socal cranker » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:07 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:
socal cranker wrote:JB nice baits and it that my favorite snap I see? Decoy Egg Snap - look no further

Thanks and yeah, love those Decoy snaps! Those are some nice color Wobblers to, they get bit good. I have some that are pretty beat up. That sexy shad is brand new, hoping to use it this week. Used the E1 spring through fall and its still lookin good.
Sweet deal. Those Wobblers are from '05, only year they made a lexan lip in that bait.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:33 am

Nice! I knew something was different. Is the action different from the newer ones? I don't have any from that far back, most of mine are from 2008-2012.

socal cranker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by socal cranker » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:40 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:Nice! I knew something was different. Is the action different from the newer ones? I don't have any from that far back, most of mine are from 2008-2012.
Yes the action and deflection are a little different - not much though. The new ones are just fine. Honestly you could buy 2-3 of the new ones for what you would pay if you found a lexan for sale.