Looking for some baits

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Looking for some baits

Post by Teal101 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:20 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Teal101 wrote:I just "discovered" Griffons, I like em :mrgreen:
How about the fish, do they like em too? :big grin:
Good question, I've hardly got any wet yet! I was going to use some on Banks this last weekend, but it just didnt feel like a productive pattern. In the next month or two I'll be giving them a solid workout. Very small lure, perfect for smallies. Loud rattle, too many good colors. I have 4 of the MR-X now, another on the way, and am adding more. They just scream fish.

BTW Banks...SLOW. Six Bass fish from 7:30am till 5:30pm. Got one small Walleye and a 1.8lb Crappie too. Caught a few on lipless and a few on Senko. Took me till 1:30 before I found my first Smallie. All fish were 1lb plus though which was odd, no small aggressive smallies yet. Pics in Show and Tell :mrgreen:

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:49 am

Silas wrote:I'll chime in on the Griffons!!

Best little cranks I have. If is fish gets close to it, he's hooked.

Kind of pricy but well worth it. Cast well too.
Have you tried the Baby Griffons those are the ones on my list?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:08 pm

Teal101 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Good question, I've hardly got any wet yet! I was going to use some on Banks this last weekend, but it just didnt feel like a productive pattern. In the next month or two I'll be giving them a solid workout. Very small lure, perfect for smallies. Loud rattle, too many good colors. I have 4 of the MR-X now, another on the way, and am adding more. They just scream fish.

BTW Banks...SLOW. Six Bass fish from 7:30am till 5:30pm. Got one small Walleye and a 1.8lb Crappie too. Caught a few on lipless and a few on Senko. Took me till 1:30 before I found my first Smallie. All fish were 1lb plus though which was odd, no small aggressive smallies yet. Pics in Show and Tell :mrgreen:
Long Lake has been the same way. It's still early

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:22 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

Long Lake has been the same way. It's still early
We are still kickin it at our little puddle. Everything else is being finicky so far. Potholes weighed big at the Open this weekend, but the guys I know who fished it said fishing got tougher from Friday to Saturday. One of my buddies was showing me pics of 25lb+ bags leading up to the tourney and he could only scratch out 17lbs come Saturday. I should be over on Park Lake this Saturday to do some exploring.

Handler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Handler » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:08 am

I love the Spro little john medium and shallow divers. Great lure, really high quality.

Handler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Handler » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:08 am

...but of course I'll now be buying some mentioned in this thread.

Heronimo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Heronimo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:16 am

anyone use the Damiki DC 100? Just curious.