Pre Rapala vs new "original wiggle warts"

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Pre Rapala vs new "original wiggle warts"

Post by hungry_cow » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:39 pm

I have never used the legendary "pre Rapala" wiggle warts but have a couple of the new "original wiggle warts" these new ones hunt perfectly just like I have heard the "pre Rapala" ones are supposed to. Are the pre Rapala wiggle warts really worlds better than the current ones or do the currently made original wiggle warts or is it just a confidence thing for people?

I wonder if Storm ruined the bait for a time when they changed the molds originally but now make an equal bait that people don't give a chance due to originally messing with the design when they took over production.

sofinesse
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Pre Rapala vs new "original wiggle warts"

Post by sofinesse » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:32 am

I have not used any of my pre rapala warts, as they sit in a box. But I believe it also had to do with the plastic that they used having different buoyancy and a different sound as well, though the hunting action was the main deal. And the colors oh so many colors.Funny enough those brads wigglers also Have a good hunting action and to my understanding they’re a storm wart copy.