Lucky Craft Flash Minnow

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Lucky Craft Flash Minnow

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:57 pm

Looking for a little feedback on the Flash Minnow Tr95 Sp version. Wondering how it compares to the 95 Mr as far as depth, castability and so on. Are they still using a weight transfer system in these and how's the action? The Mr version would easily do a 180 with the right cadence, is that still possible with these? Thanks for any information.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lucky Craft Flash Minnow

Post by jerkbait22 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:24 am

I bought all the 95MR's I could find when they were discontinued :doh:

Great lures for fishing above submerged vegetation that's nearly topped out.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lucky Craft Flash Minnow

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:47 pm

jerkbait22 wrote:I bought all the 95MR's I could find when they were discontinued :doh:

Great lures for fishing above submerged vegetation that's nearly topped out.
I did the same thing! Purchased 25 or so, and still have a bunch that I custom paint myself for different areas. Can't believe they discontinued the best shallow jerkbait I've ever thrown. Been catching some big trout and redfish on them, and a friend really wants some, but the only thing available is the ones I've asked about.

Ended up buying several of the Tr95 Sp, and have used them a few times already. Great suspension, still cast like a bullet, and the action is very wide and erratic. Still does a 180 very easily. Looks like the weights don't go back as far to the tail, but still casts great. Lip is a little less substantial than the MR, so I'll have to be more careful around hard cover.