Looking for a special offshore crankbait

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
DetroitBassN
Angler
Angler

Looking for a special offshore crankbait

Post by DetroitBassN » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:20 am

I usually fish top water but I’ll sometimes throw a crankbait. I fish from shore and the only two crankbaits I’ve had success with are the daiwa peanut and megabass griffon srx. I’m looking for a crank that has a little more bulk to it with higher pitched rattles. The griffon srx was a great numbers crank but they don’t make them anymore. Looking for a crank that’s around a half oz so I can cast it a mile and is a catcher. Any recommendations welcome thanks.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Looking for a special offshore crankbait

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:37 am

Jackall Bling 55 always gets bit for me. It's one of my confidence baits, along with the Duel Hardcore Shad. Both cast a mile, too.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:09 am

Lucky Craft Moonsault is like a lipless with a lip. Very loud lure with different models for different depths. Different shape than the ones you are currently using, but it definitely catches fish. Agree with hoohoorjoo, the Bling is a really nice bait as well.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:40 am

I will say evergreen combat cranks. Small size and weight transfer system so they cast really far. Plus they catch fish. Different models for varying depths depending what you need.