Vixen Question

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
medicpelle
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Vixen Question

Post by medicpelle » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:57 pm

I have a few of the original run vixens. Is the second run a smaller size or did they make different sizes? My guess is the vixen is bigger than the barely legal vixen? The ones I have are bigger than one of the "newer" ones I saw recently.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Vixen Question

Post by sarcazmo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:08 pm

Don't have the exact answer to your question, but the guy that made the repo man and vixen is re releasing them as 'teckel kicknocker.' Same molds, same plastic, same factory etc. Hideki Maeda.

At least from what I gather on the interwebs "-) Gonna order a few during the labor day sales.

Cali
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Cali » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:02 pm

One guy on TW posted about durability problems on the kicknocker. Curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this as well. Price went up from 15 to 20. Still a lot cheaper than what vixens go for on the second hand market.
Last edited by Cali on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cali
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Cali » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:05 pm

medicpelle wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:57 pm
I have a few of the original run vixens. Is the second run a smaller size or did they make different sizes? My guess is the vixen is bigger than the barely legal vixen? The ones I have are bigger than one of the "newer" ones I saw recently.
There were two sizes yes. The barely legal vixen was the smaller size. Now that size is the Teckel kicknocker pup.