Lucky Craft Gerald Swindle G.D.S. Mini DR Crankbait

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Lucky Craft Gerald Swindle G.D.S. Mini DR Crankbait

Post by zodiak311 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:42 pm

Does anyone know if these can still be purchased?
http://www.luckycraft.com/luckycrafthom ... minidr.htm

I am also hoping that maybe Lucky Craft still makes them, but has changed the name to this instead?
https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lucky_C ... CSKTD.html

It's a small mouth killer for me, but I only have a few left. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lucky Craft Gerald Swindle G.D.S. Mini DR Crankbait

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:16 am

I don’t have an answer as to where to purchase, but those are definitely two different baits. The SKT is more of a flat side crank with a tighter action while the GDS has a round body and wide wobble. Really love those SKT mini baits.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:53 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:16 am
I don’t have an answer as to where to purchase, but those are definitely two different baits. The SKT is more of a flat side crank with a tighter action while the GDS has a round body and wide wobble. Really love those SKT mini baits.
Thanks for the info. I am after a wider wobble round body bait. Seems to work better for the small mouth here.
I don't want to lose my last two! :(
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:45 am

I know exactly what you mean, I’m the same way with my BDS1 baits.

Although it’s not exactly what you are looking for, I don’t think you would be disappointed in the SKT mini. Even though it has a tight action, it works well in all seasons, and deflects cover like magic with the “square” bill. Fat Mini D-5 and D-7 are closer to what you want, but I’m not sure on availability.

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:00 pm

JBcrankaddict wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:45 am
I know exactly what you mean, I’m the same way with my BDS1 baits.

Although it’s not exactly what you are looking for, I don’t think you would be disappointed in the SKT mini. Even though it has a tight action, it works well in all seasons, and deflects cover like magic with the “square” bill. Fat Mini D-5 and D-7 are closer to what you want, but I’m not sure on availability.
I will definitely look into them. Those old wiggle warts are also hard to locate these days!