A Vengeful Ninja Restores Family Honor

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

A Vengeful Ninja Restores Family Honor

Post by toddmc » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:58 am

My 9 year-old son recently got beaten up and bullied by a grumpy old 5 lb. bass from a tiny shallow ultra clear and highly pressured golf course pond in back of the house. He casted all the way across the small lake when he hooked the fish. I had to grab him to keep him from getting towed in. He screamed like a little girl several times during the fight. He finally got the fish to shore and it broke off just as I reached down to lip it. My 11 year-old son was really jealous and started making fun of his little brother for getting his butt kicked. The whining got too much to take and we had to leave in disgrace.
Last night was the perfect moon and wind for me to reap my vengeance. The lake is full of small stunted bass that are easy work for my kids on a Senko at night. The lake is beat up by all of the neighborhood kids with all of the usual Wal-Mart offerings. The kids love to annoy the single grumpy big fish in the lake. I knew that I needed a rarely seen ninja tool to catch him. I crept around the lake to keep from creating a shadow from the huge floodlight in back of me. Grumpy was old ugly and skinny, but quite a big digger on the fight. The Deps Buzzjet Jr. fishes great on 13 lb. Armilo and an SV103H.
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg (36.95 KiB) Viewed 6643 times

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: A Vengeful Ninja Restores Family Honor

Post by MountainMan 83 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pm

But...but where's the pic of the fish? :lol:

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:14 pm

toddmc wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:58 am
My 9 year-old son recently got beaten up and bullied by a grumpy old 5 lb. bass from a tiny shallow ultra clear and highly pressured golf course pond in back of the house. He casted all the way across the small lake when he hooked the fish. I had to grab him to keep him from getting towed in. He screamed like a little girl several times during the fight. He finally got the fish to shore and it broke off just as I reached down to lip it. My 11 year-old son was really jealous and started making fun of his little brother for getting his butt kicked. The whining got too much to take and we had to leave in disgrace.
Last night was the perfect moon and wind for me to reap my vengeance. The lake is full of small stunted bass that are easy work for my kids on a Senko at night. The lake is beat up by all of the neighborhood kids with all of the usual Wal-Mart offerings. The kids love to annoy the single grumpy big fish in the lake. I knew that I needed a rarely seen ninja tool to catch him. I crept around the lake to keep from creating a shadow from the huge floodlight in back of me. Grumpy was old ugly and skinny, but quite a big digger on the fight. The Deps Buzzjet Jr. fishes great on 13 lb. Armilo and an SV103H.
IMG_0243.jpg
Great story sir, we need more of these on the forums!

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:18 pm

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pm
That is a whole other saga that I left out because of my fear of looking like an encyclopedia author. :D But, since you asked. The fish engulfed the small bait head first. The Buzzjet Jr. has tiny hooks that are about a size 6. The front hook was down in the gills next to the stomach lining. I quickly wet my pliers and went in through the outside bottom of the gills to successfully get out the front hook only to find that the rear hook had torn about a half-inch hole next to the jawbone, and had then been forced through the torn hole. The back hook was twisted and embedded on the outside of the face with the bait still on the inside of the mouth. Needless to say, this took some time. I was afraid of weighing her or taking a picture because I didn't want to kill the old girl. I catch enough big fish not to feel too disappointed. She already was skinny and had a big sore on her that looked like it had come from the neighbor kids buggy-whippin' her with ten inch power worms! :lol:

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:23 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:14 pm
toddmc wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:58 am
IMG_0243.jpg
Great story sir, we need more of these on the forums!
Thanks, but I will warn you that I am a total smart ass. While my stories are all true, and I do really spend way too much time fishing and catching, just don't take my comments too seriously. My students often don't know how to read me. I come from a long line of sarcastic storytellers.

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MountainMan 83 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:29 pm

toddmc wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:18 pm
MountainMan 83 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pm
That is a whole other saga that I left out because of my fear of looking like an encyclopedia author. :D But, since you asked. The fish engulfed the small bait head first. The Buzzjet Jr. has tiny hooks that are about a size 6. The front hook was down in the gills next to the stomach lining. I quickly wet my pliers and went in through the outside bottom of the gills to successfully get out the front hook only to find that the rear hook had torn about a half-inch hole next to the jawbone, and had then been forced through the torn hole. The back hook was twisted and embedded on the outside of the face with the bait still on the inside of the mouth. Needless to say, this took some time. I was afraid of weighing her or taking a picture because I didn't want to kill the old girl. I catch enough big fish not to feel too disappointed. She already was skinny and had a big sore on her that looked like it had come from the neighbor kids buggy-whippin' her with ten inch power worms! :lol:
Good call, you da man! =D>