Any Aliexpress baits worth trying?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
Ballin21
Angler
Angler

Re: Any Aliexpress baits worth trying?

Post by Ballin21 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:42 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will buy with confidence then.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:35 pm

I got a bunch of the "dark cheapers" as my friend named them. Caught some big mamas during the spawn at my work lake in chartreuse before the Covid shutdown. They work.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:27 am

_diggy_ wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:35 pm
I got a bunch of the "dark cheapers" as my friend named them. Caught some big mamas during the spawn at my work lake in chartreuse before the Covid shutdown. They work.
Did you boil the tail? From what i've seen, the tail is much stiffer on them.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:37 pm

SSS wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:27 am
_diggy_ wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:35 pm
Did you boil the tail? From what i've seen, the tail is much stiffer on them.
No sir, fished them as is. My 1st set came in the plastic packaging like the MB versions, the second set came in little bags. Those I can see boiling if need be but they worked as is. I bought the Ali ones because I kept snagging them or battling snakeheads with them. I also have some MB ones, but they are in the skybox watching the game :lol:

zalan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by zalan » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:54 pm

It depends what you want from your baits. If you are looking for the very best, stick with the top brands you are using today. Chinese makers play in the value segment, they do not innovate, they try to reproduce baits which are popular on the market at a cheaper price.
Even with that, these baits actually do catch fish and if you just wanna save money, you can get good results. I know people who won local tournaments using baits from Aliexpress only. What you should expect though is that the color selection is mostly limited and plenty of brands have no clue what are the top colors and what they should produce. Also if you buy the cheapest baits, you absolutely need to replace hooks and rings as they are trash tier. If you buy the better brands like Bearking, you will get more useable hooks, but do not expect top tier hardware on them.