Yo-Zuri lipless fans ...

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Yo-Zuri lipless fans ...

Post by uljersey » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:11 pm

Put on your covid mask so nobody recognizes you and take the walk of shame into your local WalMart (I won't tell :lol: )
Most of them have a Yo-Zuri assortment box on the bottom shelf of the fishing aisle. It's a random mix of all types of baits with rarities and oddities mixed in. All are priced well below retail, some are discontinued and some are current production.

Back to my original point ... found these 3DR Vibe 60's and of course grabbed them right up. Yeah, Yo-Zuri makes a great lipless bait, we all know that. What makes these kind of unique is they weigh 1/2 oz (confirmed with a digital scale) but have the profile of a 1/4 oz bait. These cast like rockets and have the ability to get down deep and when the fish are keyed in on smaller prey, like about now in many parts of the country, they get crushed. I've got one that's all chewed up, it has put a ton of quality fish in the boat for me. It's worth the social stigma of going to WallyWorld to see what you may find. Just take a shower when you get home.

Texas-Rigged
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Yo-Zuri lipless fans ...

Post by Texas-Rigged » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:33 am

Nice find-Finally found some more of those flat cranks in those yozuri bins at Walmart-Found a bunch of various, recently discontinued Duel Hardcore crankbaits too.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:33 pm

That's about the only thing I would go to Wallyworld for is to find a secret stash of Yo-Zuri lures in a clearance box. Well maybe for undergarments too but, that's all.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:14 am

Texas-Rigged wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:33 am
Nice find-Finally found some more of those flat cranks in those yozuri bins at Walmart-Found a bunch of various, recently discontinued Duel Hardcore crankbaits too.
I too have some of those flat cranks but haven’t found the ideal situation to use them ... any input ?

FamKench
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by FamKench » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:28 pm

uljersey wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:11 pm
Put on your covid mask so nobody recognizes you and take the walk of shame into your local WalMart (I won't tell :lol: )
Most of them have a Yo-Zuri assortment box on the bottom shelf of the fishing aisle. It's a random mix of all types of baits with rarities and oddities mixed in. All are priced well below retail, some are discontinued and some are current production.

Back to my original point ... found these 3DR Vibe 60's and of course grabbed them right up. Yeah, Yo-Zuri makes a great lipless bait, we all know that. What makes these kind of unique is they weigh 1/2 oz (confirmed with a digital scale) but have the profile of a 1/4 oz bait. These cast like rockets and have the ability to get down deep and when the fish are keyed in on smaller prey, like about now in many parts of the country, they get crushed. I've got one that's all chewed up, it has put a ton of quality fish in the boat for me. It's worth the social stigma of going to WallyWorld to see what you may find. Just take a shower when you get home.

How do these do through grass/weeds?

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:37 pm

FamKench wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:28 pm
uljersey wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:11 pm

How do these do through grass/weeds?
Not too bad, about the same as most I guess. I routinely replace trebles with inline single hooks on all sizes of lipless baits to make them as weedless as possible. I don't notice decreased hookups either, BUT if you do go the inline single hook route, it's important to face the front hook barb forward as shown in the pic. This is for when the fish takes the bait head first ... it will greatly increase your hookup ratio. One more thing about these I didn't mention earlier is these have a nice vertical shimmy on the fall when snapping them off the bottom or yo-yoing them. They don't fall sideways like some lipless baits do.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:54 pm

They do make a good rattlebait.

Texas-Rigged
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Texas-Rigged » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:28 pm

uljersey wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:14 am
Texas-Rigged wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:33 am
I too have some of those flat cranks but haven’t found the ideal situation to use them ... any input ?
I mostly use them for inshore Redfish and Snook-I would imagine they’d work great for cold water prespawn patterns. I wish they made a bigger/heavier version.