Megabass 100 Jr. Pro Blue NY NJ CT PA

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Megabass 100 Jr. Pro Blue NY NJ CT PA

Post by nfnband » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:31 pm

Vision 110 Jr I'm looking for feedback from anglers in the Tri state and into Delaware water gap NY PA the region generally has very similar water conditions. I tend to catch all my fish with white or black over silver jerk baits. Do you find the Pro Blue color to be at all effective in this region? I don't get out to fish cold clear spring water but may do so this year. I'm trying to justify the Pro Blue in the line or just send it back for something more effective for the area.

I picked up the following Jrs. but may send back the Pro Blue and Table Rocks

Pro Blue
French Pearl
Deadly Black
Mat Tiger
Table Rock

Jr +1
French Pearl
Perch
Table Rock

amso4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass 100 Jr. Pro Blue NY NJ CT PA

Post by amso4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:43 pm

I fish reservoirs in Maryland. Pro Blue is my best producing color. Elgy bone is also very good. I use Ito Shiners mostly. Tbey cast further.

MCROUT14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MCROUT14 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:31 pm

I have caught fish in CT with both the Pro Blue and Elegy Bone. That said I have done better with other colors. I am from PA and don't get to fish in CT much if that helps with perspective.

jerkbait22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jerkbait22 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:17 pm

Pro blue is one of the most effective clear water colors. Especially when you need to pause it longer.

I find Table rock Shad crushes on some waters and others doesn’t get touched. I think it can resemble a yellow perch in some cases.

HT Ito Wakasagi and HT Ito Tennessee Shad are two all around colors that work across many different conditions.

I’d buy one translucent and one shiny (so one GP color and one GG color). Goodluck.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:38 am

Pro Blue and Pro Blue OB work very well from NJ to Maine for me. Like others have said, it works best in clear water.