Deep-X 300

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Deep-X 300

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:45 pm

Anyone using these with effectiveness?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

rubs96
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Deep-X 300

Post by rubs96 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:18 am

Use the deep-x 300 and deep-six for cranking Lake St. Clair in the fall. Mat tiger is my favourite colour. Don’t know if the colour is still available as it doesn’t show on the megabass USA website.

Great bait.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:30 pm

i have a box full and yet to be bit.. heard it is for the cold water but i guess ill find out
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MK49 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:23 pm

I used it every once in a while in the last 15 years or so. To me, Rapala DT16 is way better.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:41 am

I can feel the bait but I am not getting bit no matter how pretty it looks or how many I buy
I have been trying to make it work I guess.. maybe it is a niche bait..

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:15 am

I heard this crank is very popular in Japan.
Have one in red color, never had a chance to use it yet.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:50 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:30 pm
i have a box full and yet to be bit.. heard it is for the cold water but i guess ill find out
I guess I'm not the only one who will buy several of a bait I haven't had success with yet, lol.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:57 pm

KP Duty wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:50 pm
goldrod wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:30 pm
I guess I'm not the only one who will buy several of a bait I haven't had success with yet, lol.
Believe me you are not alone.. I am number one on the wall of shame

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:37 am

I'm lucky to fish on Chequamegon Bay 2-3 times a week during the warmwater period of the fishing season. Being a smaller part of Lake Superior, the average water temperature is around 55° year-round. The Megabass Deep-X 300 is a key component of my midrange diving (10-20ft) crankbait collection. The other essential JDM crankbaits for this depth are the larger Deep Six and the OSP Blitz EX-DR and Blitz Max DR pair. Generally, the two Megabass lures perform best in the early and late season with their subtler wobble, unlike the OSP Blitz crankbaits that feature a wider wobble which work best in the summertime.

Lure Colors:
Throughout the past five seasons, the PM Kisyu Ayu has emerged as the most successful lure color for both the Deep-X 300 and Deep Six, with Sexy French Pearl (Deep-X 300) and Sexy Ayu (Deep Six) trailing slightly behind. For the OSP crankbaits, Sexy Shad has been the top-performing color, with Ginrin as a close second.

JDM Fishing Tackle:
Rod #1: Smith LTD Tourer V-Spec TVC-711MH/HG Invincible Cranker
Rod #2: Megabass Valkyrie VKC-71H
Reels: Shimano 20 Conquest DC 100HG
Mainline: 20# YGK G-Soul SS112 hybrid braid
Leader: 30# Sunline FC100 (used to deter nuisance pike and muskie bites)

To summarize, the Megabass Deep-X 300 is an excellent crankbait for targeting midrange depths in the colder waters of Chequamegon Bay.
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:40 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:37 am
I'm lucky to fish on Chequamegon Bay 2-3 times a week during the warmwater period of the fishing season. Being a smaller part of Lake Superior, the average water temperature is around 55° year-round. The Megabass Deep-X 300 is a key component of my midrange diving (10-20ft) crankbait collection. The other essential JDM crankbaits for this depth are the larger Deep Six and the OSP Blitz EX-DR and Blitz Max DR pair. Generally, the two Megabass lures perform best in the early and late season with their subtler wobble, unlike the OSP Blitz crankbaits that feature a wider wobble which work best in the summertime.

Lure Colors:
Throughout the past five seasons, the PM Kisyu Ayu has emerged as the most successful lure color for both the Deep-X 300 and Deep Six, with Sexy French Pearl (Deep-X 300) and Sexy Ayu (Deep Six) trailing slightly behind. For the OSP crankbaits, Sexy Shad has been the top-performing color, with Ginrin as a close second.

JDM Fishing Tackle:

To summarize, the Megabass Deep-X 300 is an excellent crankbait for targeting midrange depths in the colder waters of Chequamegon Bay.

Challenge accepted ](*,) ](*,)

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

goldrod wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:40 pm
City17Banner wrote:

Lure Colors:

JDM Fishing Tackle:

Good luck with the MB Deep-X 300 and I hope you catch lots of big fish on it sir! Should you ever find yourself in NW Wisconsin and want to try this fantastic crankbait on Chequamegon Bay for trophy smallmouth bass, please let me know and I'll take you out on the "The One Lake" as locals often refer to it sir! No charge and soon enough it will be in the new 2024 Vexus VXs20 fiberglass bass boat too! You can even use a certain round reel with the lure too sir! =D>
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:49 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am
goldrod wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:40 pm
City17Banner wrote:

Lure Colors:

JDM Fishing Tackle:

Good luck with the MB Deep-X 300 and I hope you catch lots of big fish on it sir! Should you ever find yourself in NW Wisconsin and want to try this fantastic crankbait on Chequamegon Bay for trophy smallmouth bass, please let me know and I'll take you out on the "The One Lake" as locals often refer to it sir! No charge and soon enough it will be in the new 2024 Vexus VXs20 fiberglass bass boat too! You can even use a certain round reel with the lure too sir! =D>
Thank you and I appreciate the offer. I will be in touch