Fish Head custom lures Aruku shad

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Fish Head custom lures Aruku shad

Post by dragon1 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:42 pm

Has anyone used these blanks and how do they perform?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fish Head custom lures Aruku shad

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:04 am

Haven’t used them, but they do look very different from the real thing. Gill plate details are different and the internals aren’t even close. Close enough to call it a KO I guess, but not like the majority of his baits that are pretty much exact copies. That said, his baits are very high quality(compare to Amazon or some of the other blank suppliers and it’s not even close) and could definitely be worth using. If you have any questions on blanks from any supplier, send me a PM anytime. I’d be glad to help if I can.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:04 pm

Thanks brother, much appreciated.

I've been thinking about learning how to do some basic painting and airbrush work...looks like it could be a fun hobby.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:39 am

dragon1 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:04 pm

I've been thinking about learning how to do some basic painting and airbrush work...looks like it could be a fun hobby.
Definitely a fun and addicting hobby. Guarantee it won’t stay basic for long ;)
You seem pretty creative so give it a try and see how it goes. So many possibilities to be as unique as you want it to be. Just be sure to do your homework on blanks, so much AliExpress and Temu junk being resold here these days on a few sites.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:28 pm

Jeffbro999 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:39 am
dragon1 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:04 pm

Definitely a fun and addicting hobby. Guarantee it won’t stay basic for long ;)
You seem pretty creative so give it a try and see how it goes. So many possibilities to be as unique as you want it to be. Just be sure to do your homework on blanks, so much AliExpress and Temu junk being resold here these days on a few sites.
Koolio, first order of business is a kit for airbrushing I suppose.