The Monkey strikes again!

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
tj1004
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

The Monkey strikes again!

Post by tj1004 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Well I bought another Revo STX today. I got the 6.4:1 this time. I really, really, really like these little reels. They are so smooth and stout feeling. The only reels I like better are my Calais and 100DC. This one is going on a Kistler He69APC and will be used mainly for spinnerbaits. I highly recommend you try one.

Bass Pro
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: The Monkey strikes again!

Post by Bass Pro » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:42 pm

I spent all afternoon casting an SX and loved it. For $135 from Delo's, there isn't anything else on the market that even comes remotely close to what this reel brings, especially in that price range. Nothing can even come close to matching the drag capabilities of the Revo line up.

I am getting the STX on Monday. Can't wait!!

tj1004
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: The Monkey strikes again!

Post by tj1004 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:57 pm

Yep, they are awesome. I played around with the SX for a while today and it felt great, but it was pay-day so I thought I'd go with another STX. Not only is the drag strong, but it is smooth as well. I played with some Quatum TE as well, I think they are THE best looking reel on the market but I just couldnt convince myself to buy one over the REVO. At this point, I dont plan on buying anymore Shimanos other than the new Met MGs, Calais' and the DC reels...no more Chronarchs or Curados for me!