Anyone tried the new LC Cranks?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
quantum angler nt
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Anyone tried the new LC Cranks?

Post by quantum angler nt » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:30 am

Has anyone ordered any of the new Skeet Reese or Gerald swindle LC cranks?

QNT

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Anyone tried the new LC Cranks?

Post by GAMEOVER » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:55 am

There not all that new but they work well. If you got the funds go for it but theres much better crankbaits out there for the same price and some even below in my opinion. I cant tear myself away from the RC cranks. The Rapuhluh DTs perform better, for me. I fish cranks more then anything almost aside from topwater well jerks/cranks tied.

misr12
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by misr12 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:06 pm

GAMEOVER wrote:There not all that new but they work well. If you got the funds go for it but theres much better crankbaits out there for the same price and some even below in my opinion. I cant tear myself away from the RC cranks. The Rapuhluh DTs perform better, for me. I fish cranks more then anything almost aside from topwater well jerks/cranks tied.
Ditto the Rapala DT's. I have been have great success with the DT Flat 03' (shallow diver) this fall and winter. I also agree that RC are good to but best peformer so far this year has been the Rapala DT series for me.

tunnelengineer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tunnelengineer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:09 pm

I inventoried my tackle last night and found I have 10 Original Wiggle Warts and 15 Rapala DT series cranks. I wouldn't trade them for any lures out there now, regardless of price. The DT series cranks are truly great.

mpugh77
Angler
Angler

Post by mpugh77 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:54 pm

I tried the SkeetTrap a while back. Its bill was shredded after a day of fishing. I caught a couple of fish on it but nothing amazing. I hate spending that much money for a lure that wears out so fast.

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:38 pm

got a skeet dr for christmas...no rattle, square lip...other than that, the same as the flatmini dr...it has caught fish, but it hasn't really paid its dues yet.

caught a slew of fish on the plain flatmini's last year...a couple of them, along with a few clunn's, have gone into the "go-to" box.

was madder than a soretail cat when they discontinued the ristorap but, the dt's are the better bait between the two.