what's next?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

what's next?

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:08 pm

fellow tackle junkies.. what's next on your "want" list? :twisted:

for me... it's pretty much a new boat at this point... don't think that's going to happen though... :cry:

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: what's next?

Post by Zander » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:13 pm

Ranger or Triton at the top of my list. :lol:

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:17 pm

nice... i'm green with envy... :mrgreen:

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:16 pm

Sdesign, what kind of boat are you hoping for? My wife thought I was crazy selling my car for a new bass boat, but teh way I figure I drive the boat more then my secondary car. :lol:

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:20 pm

Zander, please.. just call me SD... ;) lol

Well... i'd really really like to have a glitter boat (bass boat), but I know I'd grow tired of wiping it down after the first month! So what I'm really eyeing are those aluminum bass rigs offered by Triton. Only, I can't seem to get any info on them from Galaxie Marine in Auburn. No biggie right now since I'm just shopping, but I'd like to know what the depth of their rod lockers are and maybe get some brochure material.

I think I'm definitely an aluminum boat kind of guy - less maintenance and easier to tow because they're lighter. I don't fish tournaments afterall, and just need something a little more roomy and stable than what I have now.. a little faster would be nice too :)

:D

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:26 pm

Cool SD,

Yeah totally hear you on the wipedown. Even with the Nitro I always feel like I'm wiping off water spots and dust. 2 Weeks ago I pulled out of Oniel and the whole bottom was was covered with slime, had to use a lot of cleaner. I've ridden in some aluminums, nice boats. They do run a little harder and louder...but in terms of maintainance and durabity they are excellent....and yeah a fully loaded glass rig can be HEAVY!

Triton does take a long time to send catalogs, but if you request one off their site it will come.

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:51 pm

Z-Man,

Lol, you should see the grime on my boat from the Delta.. but do I wash it down? Nope.. :D lol .. this is why I can't go fiberglass.

The hard ride and all doesn't bother me - I don't know any better - just a bigger casting deck in back and up front and rod lockers, etc. would be fantastic. 15' is pretty small, afterall, when you fish 3 people most of the time. The guy in the middle doesn't get a casting deck and is really left at a disadvantage - though, to his credit, this is where my bro usually is and he catches a lot of fish! He likes to give the rear deck to his son :)

SD

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:20 pm

Not too bad cleaning afterwards if you do get a candy boat. Just a pain in the ass on those long days out in the water. You get lazy afterwards and just leave water spots if you don't wipe it down.

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:22 pm

yeah JR, but why deal with it if you don't have to :) besides, options for tow vehicles are also more wide open if you have a lighter boat... :D

Shimanoman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Shimanoman » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:20 am

Sdesign; The more I read of ur stuff, the more I feel your'e my kind of fisherman. With a" tin "boat, you really can be very versatile. You have a vastly broader choice of tow package, you have,a broader choice of waters u can fish(Most guys I know who don't have a boat sponsorship are very timid about granite and crud infested waters.) Fiberglass,because of its weight is very difficult to wrestle off a rock or stump if you are all alone. The fibreglass rockets are absolutely beautiful and have breathtaking price tags attached to them. And, unless you fish the Tour(take ur pick which one) and have aspirations of fame,fortune and great wealth in this field they are a luxury which is not required in order to have good fishing (contrary to some conventional wisdom).. Perhaps I'm just cranky this AM - enough of my rant - I'm going fishing now. BTW I own a 16.5' Princecraft which I can use in the salt as well as shallow freshwater(it only draws 4") In the past I used to fish from several of those"fibreglass rockets" Stratos,Javelin &Procraft and they all performed well but I now find I don't really require all the bells and whistles. Fishing from a "tin boat" has not negatively impacted my ability to catch fish. Perhaps the only thing I might really lust after would be a new 4 stroke outboard with a jet drive lower unit.-- no more dinged props-shear pins-no more shallow water worries. Regards,Shimanoman
Last edited by Shimanoman on Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:30 am

Next on my wish list ?..........gee, though question.......yup, more stuff !!!!.

Nahhh, I don´t want a bigger boat, with the one I´ve got is enuff, besides there´s no point in having a beautiful large boat where there are no ramps to launch it, I´m happy with my 12 ft tub and my extra powerful 6.5 HP. The only thing I´m going to do is to ask my compadre to go on a diet and reduce those extra pounds he´s carring in his tummy so we can carry more stuff in the boat, cuz if I go on a diet I´m going to dissapear :wink: .

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:17 am

lol Raul... :lol:

Awww... come on.. there has to be SOMETHING on your wish list... :twisted:

SD

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:56 am

Oh man, not enough room for my list !!! :wink:

sdesign
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by sdesign » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:03 am

heh heh.. how about your top 5 Raul? :)

JapanReels
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JapanReels » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:33 am

Their is advantages and disadvantages with fiberglass boats. Stability and able to carry a lot more load even though it is heavier. I really like aluminum boats in the rivers over fiberglass.