Who is not sold on the Revos?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
ShoreBound
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Who is not sold on the Revos?

Post by ShoreBound » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:45 am

Jon wrote:No lefty , no need to consider .

Jon .
Same here :lol: I'll take a second look at the Revo STX when they come out with a lefty.

babfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by babfish » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:16 am

Right on Gameover I guess that is how I feel. Great reel at it's price point but not the "reel to end all reels." Remember I come in :peace:

JBA
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JBA » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:32 am

Everyone has an opinion what is the best and what is not. I think that we all have our own preferences on either brand or model that best fits the type of fishing we all do. That being said I have never tried a Revo I think that I would buy one if I knew that the quality was there. Also just because a reel costs twice as much as another does not always mean that it is going to be that much better. After bad experiences with Daiwa PFlueger and Quantum I will never purchase any of those agian. JMO.

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:01 am

Time will only tell on durability of the REVOs. I own 3 STXs and I love all 3 of mine. They give an incredible amount of performance at the $200 price point...not that $200 is cheap...I'm just speaking with regards to the relative performance of the STX versus the performance of other reels that cost ~$200.

I don't blame some for being skeptical though. I have taken a chance on several reels that came back to bite me.

We'll see how these reels fair over time...I know there was a report on here from a guy who used his SX in saltwater for months and his was still "butter-smooth" according to his posts.

Justin

fishing 247
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishing 247 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:09 am

What's not to love about the Revo STX? I'd dare anyone to find a better performing reel with more features for under $200!

Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fbass » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:42 am

NCbigbass wrote:Yes many Pfluegers, BPS, and now Revos are made by obscure companies in Korea no one has ever heard of like Doyo and Daewoo.
That's not a very nice thing to say. Items made in Korea can be of very high quality. I'm not korean but I'm married to one.
Yes daewoo is a car manufacturer. But in korea the big coorporation make many things. You can have an account at samsung bank, you can drink daewoo milk and eat LG peanut butter. (those are not real exemples, hell maybe they are!!)
It's all a matter of perception. For me, made in USA is a sign of low quality and I wouldn't buy it maybe except for a hammer or a screwdriver.
Over here, chevrolet makes the tiniest shitiest car of the whole market. And they're actually daewoo branded as chevrolet. I heard they just came out with an SUV recently. That really scares me they let those on the road.
So with today's global economy you just can't judge a product by its origin. If the korean receive instruction to make a good reel they will, if not they won't. It's all decided way before the first worker starts to put the first reel together. It's all a marketing decision, it's got nothing to do with the capacity of the worker to make a good product.
I'm not buying a revo right now, and see how they turn out in a year or so.

Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fbass » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:04 am

don't believe me?? look this up:
http://www.chevrolet.fr/matiz/matiz-index.html

and man this photographer is good, it almost look like a real car!! in real life it's different!!

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:10 am

Fbass wrote:don't believe me?? look this up:
http://www.chevrolet.fr/matiz/matiz-index.html

and man this photographer is good, it almost look like a real car!! in real life it's different!!
how does it compare to the Citroen (spelling/accent)? Or "Le Car"?

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:21 am

Fbass wrote:For me, made in USA is a sign of low quality and I wouldn't buy it maybe except for a hammer or a screwdriver.

Are you kidding me!? Made is USA is one of the best. We have some of the highest standards as citizens when it comes to production and quality when we want it. Do you actually think companies would even consider having their stuff manufactured in the USA for all that money if the quality aspect wasnt there? The problems or problems we've had in the past with a few bad cars from both Ford and General Motors isnt because of our workers its because of the engineers who designed the car and its parts. Made in USA by USA workers is just as good of a product as anywhere in the world. People need to know its not always the workers fault its the actual design the engineers put into production. There the ones who ultimately design the parts, cut costs for cheaper quality componets, etc. I drive a 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse that has just under 80k on it. People dont know this but some of the bodys and the motor are made in the USA by american workers. There are Honda plants in USA (Ohio, etc). The bottem line is its comes to the companies decision itself on wether to use quality componets or not and has nothing to do with the workers who put it together. Now in some situations it might have to do with workers, like something being manufactured in a 3rd world country where the education level isnt too good but not in the USA. Megabass, Daiwa, etc could all have their products made here and have the exact same quality or better and I dont want to hear otherwise. Its the heads of those companies who really make those products we love. The workers in both Japan and the USA are very smart and educated people. I have a cousin whos lived in Japan and has now for 9 years who works in the auto industry, he took a job offer there that he couldnt refuse. This is how I got my information and it isnt something I just found out.

The Japanese companys big time players in their companys are the ones who get the products out that a certain amount of us desire.

Strong work ethics and educaction are in countries like USA, Japan, Germany, and Sweden, etc.. id buy a Daiwa or Megabass product if it was made in any of these countries without worry. Yuki Ito who is Japanese is the reason why Megabass products are what they are he designs most of the molds and sets the companies standards. Dont matter where he sent his work to out of the countries I mentioned theyd all come out the same in the end because of his business/product standards.

Weak working structures are all over I shouldnt have to name them you know who they are.

Some people make it out like some certain race has some supernatural working powers and they dont, were all human.

Im 100% confident in my (our) countries workers. We all work hard and make more money on avg then any other country in the world. We dont get paid this high cost for just to produce a low quality product for you.

And one more thing, ofcourse the Japanese want to put to work there own people for products they developed. Thats one page the USA companies need to take from the Japanese. They put their own people to work. Bill Gates and all the people that I hear knock on my car because its a Mitsubishi crack me up with their complete ignorance as almost all of my car was manufactured in the USA. What dips people can be..
Last edited by GAMEOVER on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tj1004
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by tj1004 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:37 am

Wow, ya'll sure turned this into a bashing......Lets start one on who's not sold on Daiwa, then go from there......

JBA
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JBA » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:42 am

Well we would not want to offend Gameover after all his nice comments about the Revo's in all the other postings he has done.

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:47 am

tj1004 wrote:Wow, ya'll sure turned this into a bashing......Lets start one on who's not sold on Daiwa, then go from there......
no kidding.. :roll:

dampeoples
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by dampeoples » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:24 pm

tj1004 wrote:Wow, ya'll sure turned this into a bashing......Lets start one on who's not sold on Daiwa, then go from there......
:D

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:10 pm

I didnt bash anything or anyone at all. :D

I know the Revos a fine reel as ive said many times. A friend of mine from here really has handled a lot of them and owns quite a few. The only test left for the Revo is the test of time and even then if we start seeing mass mechanical failures im sure Abu will correct them. So the bottem line is the Revo is a good reel the question is will it pass the test of time and the answer is we shall see. :peace: :silly:

Bass Pro
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass Pro » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:23 pm

:D