Who is not sold on the Revos?

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
SLM
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Who is not sold on the Revos?

Post by SLM » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:32 pm

babfish wrote:Daewoo eh? Aren't they a car manufactuer?
Don't forget pistols and assault rifles too...

Edit: Ooops--this was already mentioned on the first page. Nevermind.

termigator
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by termigator » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:46 pm

fishing 247 wrote:What's not to love about the Revo STX? I'd dare anyone to find a better performing reel with more features for under $200!
I have a TDA Supertuned I've used for redfish for about a year now. It casts like dream and the retrieve feels very smooth. As TT said previously, the TDA has very robust gearing, so the retrieve feels very powerful too. I've caught numerous redfish with it, including one that weighed about 20 pounds. I caught it on 10 lb. test. The stock drag worked great. It didn't stutter or stick when the red made it's multiple runs. I didn't have to, but I recently replaced the drag with Carbontex and changed the two spool bearings to ABEC-7 bearings. All this and my total cost for the reel and unnecessary upgrades totaled about $150.
Does it have more features than the STX? Probably not. Better performing? Couldn't tell you and probably won't be able to, because I'd rather get another TDA Supertuned and save $70-$80 for upgrades.

Oh yeah, as far as Abu's website showing them catching a sailfish with the STX, it is quite impressive, but I'm sure they were prepared to handle the whole situation because they were specifically trying to do that with the reel. You'd be amazed at what you can do when you are prepared. I wonder how long it took them before they were able to get everything right.

SLM
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SLM » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:47 pm

GAMEOVER wrote:Are you kidding me!? Made is USA is one of the best. We have some of the highest standards as citizens when it comes to production and quality when we want it. Do you actually think companies would even consider having their stuff manufactured in the USA for all that money if the quality aspect wasnt there? The problems or problems we've had in the past with a few bad cars from both Ford and General Motors isnt because of our workers its because of the engineers who designed the car and its parts. Made in USA by USA workers is just as good of a product as anywhere in the world.

Im 100% confident in my (our) countries workers. We all work hard and make more money on avg then any other country in the world. We dont get paid this high cost for just to produce a low quality product for you.
Are you sure? That's what we'd like to believe but in reality, it seems a good portion of the modern American industrial workforce just wants to do the least amount of work for the most pay, with as much slacking off as he can get away with. Joe Lunchbox has a "screw the Man" attitude...

I brought this up in a previous post but a great, short read about clocking time on a GM assembly line and all the antics that come with growing up as a UAW grunt can be found in Ben Hamper's Rivethead (Warner Books, 1991).

Fbass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fbass » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:56 pm

GAMEOVER wrote:The problems or problems we've had in the past with a few bad cars from both Ford and General Motors isnt because of our workers its because of the engineers who designed the car and its parts.
that's my point, exactly. So it doesn't matter who makes it, it's all about design and the decision up front to make a quality product or not!!

ShoreBound
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ShoreBound » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:43 pm

I don't own a Revo and I held one only once so what I don't like about it as of now are purely cosmetics:
1. There's something about the fit and finish I don't like. Maybe it's the paint that they used on it.
2. I don't like how the mag-side plate bulges out. It's the same thing I don't like about my TD Advantage Supertuned. It looks really wide.

+20lbs drag is really impressive but I wouldn't use it for big game fishing. How long can the drag and frame of that little reel take that kind of abuse? As of casting distance... well, the reel is just one of the variables involved there. I'd like to see a controlled test performed before I believe anything.

I like the reel though and I'm actually considering buying one but I'll wait until it gets really tested by all of you guys :big grin:

termigator
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by termigator » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:18 pm

Wow, that's a lot of quotes there!
BTW, who's Dale Gribble?? :confused:

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:50 pm

termigator wrote:Wow, that's a lot of quotes there!
BTW, who's Dale Gribble?? :confused:
You don't ever watch King of the Hill? ;)

FillupD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by FillupD » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:55 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Gribble
You can check out Dale here. Funny,Funny character

MattyB
Angler
Angler

Post by MattyB » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:56 pm

Hey,

You know what? I just joined this forum yesterday and asked politely for advice from those of you who might have had personal, on the water experiece whith a Corado or a Chronarch. A few of you were good enough to respond and add a note about thr Revo line. I thank you for that insight.

But I gotta tell you, I think some of you guys have WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too much time on your hands.

Lighten up and watch some fishing shows until ice out!

MattyB

fast2100
Angler
Angler

Post by fast2100 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:04 pm

Whats "ice out"? :confused: :big grin:

devilmen77
Angler
Angler

Post by devilmen77 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:22 pm

GAMEOVER wrote:
Are you kidding me!? Made is USA is one of the best. We have some of the highest standards as citizens when it comes to production and quality when we want it. Do you actually think companies would even consider having their stuff manufactured in the USA for all that money if the quality aspect wasnt there? The problems or problems we've had in the past with a few bad cars from both Ford and General Motors isnt because of our workers its because of the engineers who designed the car and its parts. Made in USA by USA workers is just as good of a product as anywhere in the world.

Im 100% confident in my (our) countries workers. We all work hard and make more money on avg then any other country in the world. We dont get paid this high cost for just to produce a low quality product for you.

What game over wrote is right .. When we want it is right but unfortunately people in the usa and how they treat there workers that work in factories they just dont wanna work and make and assemble there products good like japan .. I know i work in lots of factories and i live up in the northern states just like u the industrial states... :lol:
Thast y every factory out there now days are copying japanse stardards liek going to The LEAN Method and iso 9000 But they come to figure out that it still dont realli work well cause it all comes down to people that treat there employees nice and people that wanna work and peopel jsut dont care about there job as an assembly person in the usa.. Thats y stuff that is made here sucks especailly if its made on a friday or monday.. :lol: They can do it if they want to but they could care less its just another day at work and they hate going to work at an assembly line...

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:28 pm

SLM wrote:
GAMEOVER wrote:Are you kidding me!? Made is USA is one of the best. We have some of the highest standards as citizens when it comes to production and quality when we want it. Do you actually think companies would even consider having their stuff manufactured in the USA for all that money if the quality aspect wasnt there? The problems or problems we've had in the past with a few bad cars from both Ford and General Motors isnt because of our workers its because of the engineers who designed the car and its parts. Made in USA by USA workers is just as good of a product as anywhere in the world.

Are you sure? That's what we'd like to believe but in reality, it seems a good portion of the modern American industrial workforce just wants to do the least amount of work for the most pay, with as much slacking off as he can get away with. Joe Lunchbox has a "screw the Man" attitude...

I brought this up in a previous post but a great, short read about clocking time on a GM assembly line and all the antics that come with growing up as a UAW grunt can be found in Ben Hamper's Rivethead (Warner Books, 1991).
I dont want to turn this thread into a politcal discussion but ill just say this-

I know exactly what your saying as I see people like that everyday, but that doesnt speak for all of our workforce. In my opinion lots of americans have just gotten lazy. People have been exploiting are values instead of embracing them this is becoming more and more so with each american generation that is geting braught up. I know because im labeled along with my generation (im 23) for wanting high pay and not wanting to work. No one wants to work but people need to and if they think they just need to in order to collect a pay check their wrong. I look back at where I came from in my familly generations, how my fathers fathers have worked, what was around back then, and see the quality of values going down. This in itself reflects how one person will be not only mentally but in all aspects of their life and what most kids see is what they will be. Every job ive worked in ive put all I had into it as I do with anything I do no matter if I like the boss, the company, etc. A book I highly recommend to you (and everyone else) is one that has forever changed my thought process, this book is called The Art of War by Sun Tzu. If you are able to put all the war stuff it talks about aside and actually see the thinking concept of it im almost positive it will change the way you think as well. Also, you younger guys on here I know have heard this before but im telling you from one young guy (23) to another, respect your elders as they are the best teachers you will ever have in your entire life.

Now back to the Revo, what a fine reel..

JIP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JIP » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:40 pm

Guys, please stay on track! Thanks!

:peace:
JIP - TackleTour.com
http://www.tackletour.com

shtuka
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shtuka » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:52 pm

Just a reminder – the use of the SpellCheck is FREE…:)
(my head hurts)

fast2100
Angler
Angler

Post by fast2100 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:55 pm

shtuka wrote:Just a reminder – the use of the SpellCheck is FREE…:)
(my head hurts)
=))))