Lucky Craft Stacey King jerkbait???

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Lucky Craft Stacey King jerkbait???

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:29 pm

Hi all,

BPS have these for a good price right now during the Spring sale. Just wondering what everyone thinks? How do they fish? What differentiates or makes them similar to a pointer? Any consistant colors? A good ripping bait, or a better deadstick/slow-wobble bait? Worth a shot, or should I save my $$ for a pointer?

-Thanks, Shaun

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lucky Craft Stacey King jerkbait???

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:09 am

Just wanted to bump this back to the top; thinking about going to BPS tonight. Any info would be appreciated.

-Thanks, Shaun

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:32 pm

They look like a plastic AC Shiner. My buddy has 2 of them but has not caught anything on them yet (it's early in the game). They are extremely well finished and like AC Shiners are unique. Most people I know of use AC Shiners as a flatline trolling bait for Steelhead and Salmon. This new jerkbait has the weight to be cast no problem but I'm not sure that it is a great jerkbait like a Pointer or Flashminnow. If it were either or I'd go with the Pointer or Flashminnow before spending the cash on this new bait. Snidley

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:01 am

Thanks for the info Snidley. I went for the sure thing and bought a few pointers. I live in the north as well and am really pleased with the local gamefish patterns made by Lucky Craft: walleye, northern pike and the different muskie patterns too. I think the red muskie is absolutely one of the best colors they make. I reckon it would be money in your neck of the woods as well.

-Thanks, Shaun

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:36 am

I find the baitfish colours of Lucky craft to work best, Gold/black, ghost, Aurora black, Chartruse shad etc.