request for rewiews

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
MaineFshr
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: request for rewiews

Post by MaineFshr » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:21 am

How about a review of the Daiwa Light and Toughs rods. Many pro anglers use them and I believe they are a great bang for your buck..

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:28 am

I would like to see more reviews of domestic manufacturers' rods that are not focused as much on Loomis, Powell, and Kistler. They are fine rods, no doubt but other manufacturers are getting pretty good too.

For instance the Fenwick Techna AV models have very good reviews by most owners (including me) but I have not seen a review of these.

Another example? Quantum's Tour Edition PT rods. They are also very well made. Both Fenwick and Quantum offer ltd. life time warranties on these rods: JUST LIKE Loomis. My 2 cents.

lilfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lilfish » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:45 am

Check out the spool on this spinning reel, anyone seen one of these in person, better yet anyone fish one of these. seems like an interesting concept, wonder if it works. perhaps a TT review is in order

http://www.bassprofessor.com/elite/wavecast.php

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:20 pm

I'd like to see shootouts that pit similar baits against one another It would be nice come spring to see a shootout between several lipless cranks. During the summer, maybe a shootout between several frog baits. Obviously the number of fish caught would be a factor, but more importantly, value, durability. Rating one product against another would give the ratings more importance IMO. I don't know how possible this is, but it is something I would like to see.

graham
Angler
Angler

Post by graham » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:53 pm

The video is a good idea, perhaps a video to see how a lure swims or something of that nature.
I'd personally like to see a review of the SnagProof Original Frog, and some cheaper gear than the usual couple hundred dollar reviews seen.

MontaKen
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MontaKen » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:59 pm

a review for brigandage and hien type-s Cal! :D ;)

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:20 pm

The current state of technology for filming lures in a pool or that sort of thing can be quite informarive to the educated eye. An example is some of the footage we see regarding Imatsku (or whatever the heck their name is,lol) soft swim baits everyone has seen in the pool somewhere in Japan. I can tell by looking at that lure that it would catch fish, at certain times, under certain light conditions on calm water. Jackal Seadrive and ESdrive swimbaits also have some interesting demo tape out there (I think on California fishing )that really illustrate the natural action of the lure. Even Rapala has informative lure action video on their website. It's a good idea that would dramatically enhance this site. Also in a short while the head cam type of video being shot during bass tournaments will eventually be of a decent quality where that could be added too. I'm supposed to be meeting somtime this week or next with a popular local video guru who does almost all of the Canadian rap videos. The music is very hard to take for this old geezer but the video content and editing is exceptional. Maybe I can interest him in fishing tackle vids. I'll report back in this post.Snidley

tonym
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tonym » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:28 pm

Cal wrote:Well... i don't know what Gameover is smokin', but I highly recommend you guys get some! :lol:
Must be something in the sushi. 8-)
But I would like to see an Opus 1 review and a Gan-craft rod review.
BlackRock Custom Fishing Rods.
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com

daleo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daleo » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:21 am

This is a tough one, there are so many products and so few of you with only so much time to do it. I agree with some of the other comments on more reviews on domestic sold products, basically because its easier to get a hold of financially & physically to look at. I do like, let me change that, I really look forward to new/upgraded product reviews and wouldn't want that to change that at all. I really like the shoot out comparisons or say the stradic vs sustain reviews, but I was really interested in the Flouro carbon review, thought it was great!!
I guess what would really be cool, is if the 6 moderators could get together and test 6 set ups, say $90 rods w/ $130 reels ie shimano compre 6'6" 1/4 to 3/4 oz MH w/ a Citica vs St.Croix pemiere w/ Pflueger President vs Daiwa Team Daiwa S w/ a TD-advantage vs Quantum vs Okuma vs etc, etc, etc. Or Crucials/Avids/Tour Editions w/ $200 reels or 6 entry level combo's. The choices are endless w/ lines, cranks, plastic, etc, everybody trys all set ups & rates them. Not a chance of happening, but kinda of be cool just the same.
Better stop my rambling, still 6 weeks till pike/walleye opening & 3mo's till bass. Oh man, I've gotta find another interest thru the winter.

Daleo

Lure fisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Lure fisherman » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:50 pm

Can do a review on Abu ciar 2600.???

Do a review on the MOD and also MODDED abu ciar 2600 or 2500.

I will love to see that.

Also review on gloomis pistol grip rods? 8-) [/list]

Zest
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Zest » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:23 pm

review more low to middle end stuff too

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:40 pm

I would like to see JDM Glass War pitting the best of MB, EG, Olympic, Glassway

A 6'8 jig war pitting the Diablo, Stallion, new Gan craft Brain, UFM Gunship built P/C/G . The winner faces the legendary EG Gunning Shaft Dengeki

I would like to see a trout war pitting MB, Ito craft, UFM, Palms

A lite plastics war pitting UFM, Daiko, EG, Palms

:evil22:

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:53 am

GamblerHydra wrote: A 6'8 jig war pitting the Diablo, Stallion, new Gan craft Brain, UFM Gunship built P/C/G . The winner faces the legendary EG Gunning Shaft Dengeki

:evil22:
yeah.. you send me a GanCraft Brain & UFM Gunship, and I'll see what i can do for you ... ;) ... oh wait.. i sold my Stallion.. dang! :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:16 am

Snidley wrote:I vote for a test on the new Pfluger Supreme spin reel because I'm thinking of buying one. Also the new Airrus PulsR's would be great as well(might button the lips of those pesky loomisoids). How about some product testing by guys living in foreign countries somewhat north of America were they fish for species in addition to little ol'e Bass, lol. Snidley
Give it a rest man with the loomisoids talk. It works both ways. We might as well start calling you Mr. Airrusoid.

lilfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lilfish » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:12 am

I'd like to see a test on the River2Sea spinnerbaits and Crystal Buzz. And I was wondering if any of the requests being made are in line for testing of is this a numbers thing where a certain product needs to be requested a certain number of times. Perhaps there needs to be a weekly or monthly list of some of the request or a poll for request. Just throwing out some suggestions.