request for rewiews

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
lilfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

request for rewiews

Post by lilfish » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:48 pm

I don't know if this has been discussed or brought up before but here goes.
I was thinking about if the TT crew has a set way of choosing the equipment they review. Perhaps we could start a poll or if a a certain number of request is reached for a certain peice of equipment they would be able to review it. Of course availability of said equipment would be a factor but I was just hoping see a few more reviews. I'm not sure what system if any is used in choosing what they review but maybe if enough of us here come up with enough ideas maybe some of the stuff we'd like to see get tested would get tested. Just a thought.

jdmstreethatch
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: request for rewiews

Post by jdmstreethatch » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:37 am

yeah that sounds good. but i **THINK** they have to purchase the equipment with there own money so they probably buy what they want, which is understandable.

I would like to see more reviews of lures though.

-chris

lilfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lilfish » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:43 am

jdmstreethatch wrote:yeah that sounds good. but i **THINK** they have to purchase the equipment with there own money so they probably buy what they want, which is understandable.

I would like to see more reviews of lures though.

-chris
yeah I figured them having to purchase the equipment was another factor, but maybe they could sell the equipment to us at a reduced rate :P to help off set some of their costs after the tests are completed

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:30 pm

If you guys are want it we certainly will consider it. Just keep posting here and if we feel that there is enough interest I'll pull it in. Our goal is to write about not just the things that we are curious about, but the products that you guys are really intrested about.

Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Snidley » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:53 pm

I vote for a test on the new Pfluger Supreme spin reel because I'm thinking of buying one. Also the new Airrus PulsR's would be great as well(might button the lips of those pesky loomisoids). How about some product testing by guys living in foreign countries somewhat north of America were they fish for species in addition to little ol'e Bass, lol. Snidley

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:26 pm

This is just an idea...but how about adding an additional feature to the reviews. This is what I was thinking. In addition to the score that you guys give it(TT staff), let there be a section where users can rate a product with their own score and the average of these scores will constantly be displayed in the product's review. Anybody else think this is a good idea?? I'd love to see other user's reviews of products in the same place where the TT staff gives their full review...

Justin

Plitz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Plitz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:32 pm

Frog,I think that would be a good idea!! :clap:

quantum angler nt
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by quantum angler nt » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:17 pm

how about a review on the lucky craft skeet cranks?

QNT

sony
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sony » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:33 pm

The Pflueger Magnesium Spinning reel for 100 bucks intrigues the heck out of me. I wonder if it can compete with models twice the price? :-k

lilfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lilfish » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:00 pm

Review on the River2sea bullywa frog would be cool. Daiwa Exceler bang for the buck type of thing, the Penn Affinity spinning reel looks like it would be and interesting review how good is it at the $120 range and for my last the Trilene Maxx. Ok I'll stop myself now before I go far :D . I thought this post wasn't going to lead to much, glad to see the interest and ideas coming.
oh yeah I too like frog's idea

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:37 pm

Id like to see some more Megabass, Evergreen, and finally a GanCraft rod review. Better yet id like to the shootout champion Elseil go up against GanCraft etc rods to see if it can hold the throne (guessin not but ya never know) in another shootout. I want to see an Opus-One review, way more line reviews, and more Megabass lure reviews along with other brands like River2Sea. I also want a free TD Ito and Steez from Cal.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zander » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:03 am

frogpond11 wrote:This is just an idea...but how about adding an additional feature to the reviews. This is what I was thinking. In addition to the score that you guys give it(TT staff), let there be a section where users can rate a product with their own score and the average of these scores will constantly be displayed in the product's review. Anybody else think this is a good idea?? I'd love to see other user's reviews of products in the same place where the TT staff gives their full review...

Justin
Hi Justin, its a great idea and its already being beta tested now. JIP has finished the coding and we will roll it out first on the TTNews section to test our databases before adding it to the reviews, but it will allow readers to chime in, which not only helps other readers but is direct feedback that teh manufacturers will see.

ShoreBound
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ShoreBound » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:49 am

Zander wrote:
frogpond11 wrote:This is just an idea...but how about adding an additional feature to the reviews. This is what I was thinking. In addition to the score that you guys give it(TT staff), let there be a section where users can rate a product with their own score and the average of these scores will constantly be displayed in the product's review. Anybody else think this is a good idea?? I'd love to see other user's reviews of products in the same place where the TT staff gives their full review...

Justin
Hi Justin, its a great idea and its already being beta tested now. JIP has finished the coding and we will roll it out first on the TTNews section to test our databases before adding it to the reviews, but it will allow readers to chime in, which not only helps other readers but is direct feedback that teh manufacturers will see.
A user review that manufacturers can see? Cool! Here would be one example of a review I can put:

Hmmmp! [-( No leftie model [-X --- :big grin:

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:51 am

Well... i don't know what Gameover is smokin', but I highly recommend you guys get some! :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:56 am

Zander wrote: Hi Justin, its a great idea and its already being beta tested now. JIP has finished the coding and we will roll it out first on the TTNews section to test our databases before adding it to the reviews, but it will allow readers to chime in, which not only helps other readers but is direct feedback that teh manufacturers will see.
SWEET!! 8-)

Another thing I was thinking about was maybe integrating videos into the reviews somehow/somewhere. Maybe at the end of a review of a lure, you could have a video of you guys talking about the lure..and then showing it in the water. Same with reels...you could have demonstrations. For instance, in the review of the Calais DC, you could put in a video showing off the casting distance of the reel. I think that'd be pretty neat too. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement...?? But I do think it would be neat..

Justin