request for rewiews

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
perchot
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: request for rewiews

Post by perchot » Wed May 16, 2007 11:54 am

I'd be very interested in a review regarding the little legend Daiwa SS Tournament spinning reel. While it's on market for about 20 years, and many of you tried it I would like to find out what is the secret of this long life peculiar reel? I own the 1300 size and I'm more and more attached and impressed by it, even when I'm comparing it with more modern/fancy models.

Links to other reviews or articles about it would be very appreciated!
Thank you in advance!

AbuG
Angler
Angler

Post by AbuG » Wed May 16, 2007 12:16 pm

I'd like to see a shootout between low/mid-end JDM spinning reels: Shimano Nasci/Ultegra vs Daiwa Revros or Shimano Biomaster vs Daiwa Freams Kix.

John Gaustad
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by John Gaustad » Wed May 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Some really great ideas for reviews!

I like the following:

1. I see a lot of requests for suggested purchases for "all around" casting and spinning rods. Are the most popular one suggested here really all around? By all around what do we mean? Muskies to panfish? Marlin to bone fish? (Extreme I admit) Some limits would be good. The same holds for reels. Also how many of you REALLY take that $600- $900 fishing rig out for every day wear and tear or is there some good lower cost combo you really use for every day????

2. Head to head comparisons similar rods and reels (price range or characteristics or both?)

3. Terminal Tackle. I think line comparisons would be easier than a Classic Rapala and a Rebel as a crude example I like line evaluations!

There are a lot of very knowledgeable contributors to this web site and I have learned a lot despite my 50+ years of fishing experience. I certainly think a lot of you do pretty good informal reviews and the team members do a great job (So much tackle and so little time!)

Corkring
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: request for reviews

Post by Corkring » Wed May 16, 2007 2:31 pm

Really, most folks cannot afford to purchase the expensive rods, baits and reels on Tackle Tour. We like to see this stuff and it gives us something to dream or possibly save toward, however, Most folks don't spend more than $80.00 or less on a reel and significantly less on a rod. The reviews should/could be geared toward this end of the spectrum more often.

I would like to see a review on the Cabela's and Basspro rods, I would imagine that these may be some of the most sold rods going right now.

tournament
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tournament » Wed May 16, 2007 3:55 pm

i don't know if this has been stated before, but i would ike to see a review on the humbird side image sonar.

dustlane
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by dustlane » Wed May 16, 2007 3:58 pm

We really need a review on the new Roland Martin endorsed shot gun fishing rig. I expect to see Van Dam using that thing soon. =))))

T Mike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by T Mike » Wed May 16, 2007 4:08 pm

Me perosnally I think they should do a review of the Humminbird 997SI. Just forgo a few Megabass reviews and Japan Shimanos for a few weeks and you'll have enuf for a 997SI :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TEE

PS thats for you cal :lol:
Dobyns Rods, Lucky Craft, Triple Fish, Bull Shad

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed May 16, 2007 4:18 pm

T Mike wrote:Me perosnally I think they should do a review of the Humminbird 997SI. Just forgo a few Megabass reviews and Japan Shimanos for a few weeks and you'll have enuf for a 997SI :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TEE

PS thats for you cal :lol:
Just send me a couple of your Humminbird units to use for a year Mike, and I'll let ya know what i think :)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed May 16, 2007 4:29 pm

Oh yeah.. 2 grand! I rather have a cheaper one and few JDM rods. :lol:

fonebone10
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Location: Pleasantville, Westchester County, NY (Know any good spots?)

Post by fonebone10 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:59 pm

how about a review for the original rapala?

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed May 16, 2007 5:15 pm

fonebone10 wrote:how about a review for the original rapala?
and a sticky.

ShoreBound
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ShoreBound » Wed May 16, 2007 6:37 pm

How about the Humminbird Smartcast Wireless Remote Fishfinders? ;)

T Mike
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by T Mike » Thu May 17, 2007 2:16 am

You got about as much chance as me sending you my 997SI as you sending me your Megabass collection in a card board tube :)~ LOL. Nice try tho :lol:

Teee
Dobyns Rods, Lucky Craft, Triple Fish, Bull Shad

sgrittin
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by sgrittin » Thu May 17, 2007 6:25 am

I really like the idea of a review of "all around" casting and spinning rods, since I am one of those who posted for help on this topic.

Also, I read the 2006 SuperCast Shootout in the “enthusiast” section. How about more Shootouts, in general? My first choice would be similar rods from St. Croix, GLoomis, etc. My second choice would be a shootout of Powell, Kistler, Shimano, Fenwick.

fonebone10
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Location: Pleasantville, Westchester County, NY (Know any good spots?)

Post by fonebone10 » Thu May 17, 2007 6:24 pm

welcome to the fold srgrittn