request for rewiews

The heart and soul of TackleTour. It is, afterall, all about the tackle. Select your subforum of choice and start sharing and asking information, and if you can't figure out which is the right one, choose "General".
daleo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: request for rewiews

Post by daleo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:55 am

I've always wondered how the Fenwick Techna AV 66 trigger stick MH 1/4 to 3/4 range would do on TT.

DaleO

spinningreel
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by spinningreel » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:42 pm

It would also be good to have video "in action" of the lures tested.

Also a "battle of scented worm" would be nice.

woodman6035
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by woodman6035 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:54 pm

Letting us TT members chime in is a great idea. :D

woodman6035
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by woodman6035 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:02 pm

I also agree on more of the mid-range price gear. I'm a single parent, with no help from the ex-wife, and while I'd love to own all high end stuff it's just not possible.

SkinyWater
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SkinyWater » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:29 pm

I really enjoyed the flouro debunking article...i would love to see more mythbusting type product reviews....you know to see if the facts match the marketing....and would like to see more common products put to the test to find the best.

Maybe when reviewing a product a simular product from other price brackets could also be reviewed and or referenced so we could get an idea wheather we arew getting anything of value or any more bang for are buck. outdoor mag. does this sort of thing a lot.

Peace ;)

ThomasW
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ThomasW » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:46 pm

I would be interest in seeing a review comparing cheap basic spin-baits with the more expensive models. I have used both and in most cases found the simple basic design caught more fish then the expensive designs.

In same cases I believe a fancy lure would scare a wary fish.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri May 11, 2007 11:09 pm

Another vote here for the Airrus Puls-R. I would love to see a review on the PUL661M-C.

I would also love to see some more reviews, or perhaps some shootouts, on/between moderately priced, domestic, technique specific sticks. For example, a shootout between a Loomis crankbait rod, a Croix LT crankbait rod, and the respective crankin' sticks by Powell and Kistler.

Also, I think it would be neat to have a non-technique specific rod thrown into the mix as well. For example, a Loomis spinnerbait rod vs. a Croix LT spinnerbait rod vs. oh, say a Kistler He70MHC. I really think a non-specific rod would be a valuable control for these shootouts. Let's see how much that so-called technique specific rod really nails down what it's supposed to do. Is it just a marketing ploy, or does it really make a difference in the given technique? What is different about the blank and/or components of the rod that really make it an efficient tool to use in that given situation?

Which technique screams for a specific rod, and what company best facilitates that need?

I would also like to see a review on a rod from the Loomis smallmouth series. Perhaps one of the jerkbait rods like the SMR753C-JB, or perhaps the 702C-TW.

-Thanks,
Shaun

lilfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lilfish » Wed May 16, 2007 8:04 am

I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet, but I'd like to see a test on both the Steez baitcast and spinning reels JDM or US.

lilfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lilfish » Wed May 16, 2007 8:17 am

I'd also like to see some more Jackall lure reviews. Mickey Jr and DD Cherry to name a couple :D

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed May 16, 2007 8:20 am

lilfish wrote:I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet, but I'd like to see a test on both the Steez baitcast and spinning reels JDM or US.
I think you need to take a look at the Table of Contents on the right side of the homepage:

http://tackletour.com/

and click on "Enthusiast" ... ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

lilfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lilfish » Wed May 16, 2007 8:33 am

Cal wrote:
lilfish wrote:I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet, but I'd like to see a test on both the Steez baitcast and spinning reels JDM or US.
I think you need to take a look at the Table of Contents on the right side of the homepage:

http://tackletour.com/

and click on "Enthusiast" ... ;)

lol oops I really meant to specify the Steez 100h. :oops: how bout the steez spinning, is in that in the works for a review in the near future? Thanks, and keep up the good work. Some of these manufactures should be giving you guys some kind os incentive for the reviews you post. I'm sure I'm not the only one but when do a review of products and it performs well, most of the time I'm looking to get it and give a try myself. Again great work with the reviews keep them coming.

avid
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by avid » Wed May 16, 2007 10:08 am

I like the "shootout" type comparison tests.
I'd love to see more of those in every category, but I guess that could get a lil 'spensive.
One area that is very important to me and yet inexpensive to test and compare would be terminal tackle.
For example, I will sometimes use snaps on my crankbait rod. Like anything else some are better than others. A comparison test of several brands of snaps, swivels, hooks, wieghts, etc would be very helpful.
Thanks for the opportunity to suggest.
avid
OH, one other thing. I very much appreciate that you actually weigh the rods you test. I always found it curious that some of the companies who advertise that their rods are the "lightest" don't publish the weight of the rod.
St. Croix is one notable exception, but wazzup wid dat eh?

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Wed May 16, 2007 10:38 am

I think you guys should consider adding one person to your review team to cover just line and terminal tackle.

Im really suprised we have not seen a Rapala DT review.

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Wed May 16, 2007 10:46 am

GAMEOVER wrote:I think you guys should consider adding one person to your review team to cover just line and terminal tackle.

A Rapala DT review would be great.

lilfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lilfish » Wed May 16, 2007 11:31 am

spiroh wrote:
GAMEOVER wrote:I think you guys should consider adding one person to your review team to cover just line and terminal tackle.

A Rapala DT review would be great.
Another vote for Rapala DT